P1000 Bad Night and a Concussion but we walked away!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Image Image Image
A buddy of mine was driving me around his pond and it turned into this!( I was thrown from it an unconscious and unresponsive for around 10 min. It was a Bad deal!!!
Not sure of next step yet....I'm moving slow and suppose to take it easy for bit. I have an appointment at my dealer but it's 2 weeks away!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Holy crap! I'm glad to hear y'all are ok. That looks bad

Sent from my iPad 7G

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Wow!! Glad to hear you are Ok! What did you hit?

Reactions: Luv4Chaos1
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I see what appears to be some fluid leak under the front. Not good man. Did the lower ball joint break and cause a crash or did break during the crash?

Sent from my iPad 7G

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
I am hoping for it to be totaled but not sure if it will....the a-arm mounts are ripped off the frame! Not sure if the frame is bent or not.

He was coming around the pond and dropped the hammer got going over 40mph and he lost control on the grass slamming into a tree. It spun us the opposite direction and spit me out hard according to him and my boy who was watching. My wife heard the noise and came running over to find me on the ground out and my buddy hanging out the door out to. Went in the ambulance and he went to the doc the next day with a fractured rib. My knee is pretty beat up too! I don't remember any of the wreck!

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Everything broke on impact. I think the fluid was the break line that was ripped off, but I haven't felt like tearing into yet. Can't stand up without getting dizzy yet. My head hit the role bar/grab handle.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow that is some serious damage! Glad y'all are okay. It may be dorky but I put my seatbelt on every time I hit the trails. Cause these things are capable of some serious speed (like you don't already know that huh?) Lol. Take it easy for a while. Getting dizzy is a warning sign.

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Yeah it was a family pond and wennie rost night. I usually put my belt on too but we were just going 2 football fields in length away so didn't think it was gonna get crazy!:( Lesson learned!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Crow_Hunter
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
We can't be trusted with this much power and performance in one package! I would like to see a security/safety feature in future Honda sxs's that would require the seat belt to be used. My buddies Highlifter Ranger has this feature.

advertisement
Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah it was a family pond and wennie rost night. I usually put my belt on too but we were just going 2 football fields in length away so didn't think it was gonna get crazy!:( Lesson learned!!
WOW!! That looks like a hard hit man. I glad to here no serious injuries. Could have been way worse. Goes to show you never know when something like this will happen. They put seatbelt a in these things for a reason. I don't wear mine as much as I should. But I'm trying to get better at it!! Saw some friends of mine on a ride hit a tree with a ranger 800. Drive and pass. In the middle had seatbelt a bit one on right side did not. She just missed the cage and was ejected. Broken ankle and cracked rib is all she got. Very lucky too. Hope all ends well and your back on the trails soon! Again glad to hear no serious injuries!!!!!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We can't be trusted with this much power and performance in one package! I would like to see a security/safety feature in future Honda sxs's that would require the seat belt to be used. My buddies Highlifter Ranger has this feature.
People would just buckle the belt and sit on top of it lol. VW had the right idea way back in 74 when they had a weight monitor underneath the seat. It could be disabled too but it took alot more thought/work.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang son! I'm glad y'all are ok.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've been considering installing a 5 point in mine. I think this thread just pushed me off the fence lol. There are sections of the trail I ride where you can exceed 30mph easily. And it only takes one rock or log or critter to turn everything south.

cwalton

cwalton

Who has more fun!
Lifetime Member
Mar 21, 2016
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hope you get to feeling better soon. The good news is you are ok!

Reactions: Eltobgi
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good that you are alive and will be able to fully recover ( I hope no hematoma or intracranial bleed and God forbids not to wear seat belt and have head trauma for those who on anti coagulation for multiple reasons).
But I did not see you have mentioned wearing seat-belt in your post? Anything above 20 mph should prompt you to do so next time.

I think this is good example to remind about wearing seat belts and if you do crazy driving/jumping then install 5 point, and obviously helmet , especially for those who is on blood thinners.

I just see often ATV/SxS accidents , stupidity of the operator (high speed/no helmet) and drama for all family to have their beloved ones with irreversible brain injury from head bleeding because no helmet was worn.
It also relates to all "old farts" on full dose of aspirin or warfarin who drive atv/sxs faster then 10 mph.

Everyone safe driving !

P.S. I've open face helmet for trail riding on P500, but if anyone still concerned about bulkiness of full or open face helmet, then just get downhill ski or white water rafting or cycle helmet

Last edited:
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Dude...
Most importantly, I'm glad you are ok with only minor injuries. Don't want to think about the worst, but you can't but help it. The WHAT IF we all need to think about and wear our seat belts and helmets.
With the frame being ripped it should push it into totaled if you have insurance to cover.
I only carry theft and fire. I will be adding full here shortly.
Well, I wish you a fast recovery. God bless.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
as a physician I am glad you seem to be doing well. I want to caution you to keep good follow up with your doctor so he/she can monitor your concussion closely and help you get back to full activity. You don't want lasting effects from this.

HEADS UP

This is a good place to get some info. I am a pediatrician so my info is kid related, but most converts to adults as well

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
as a physician I am glad you seem to be doing well. I want to caution you to keep good follow up with your doctor so he/she can monitor your concussion closely and help you get back to full activity. You don't want lasting effects from this.

HEADS UP

This is a good place to get some info. I am a pediatrician so my info is kid related, but most converts to adults as well

Fully support Sugarray , as a kidney doc , I see enough ICU/Trauma

I am very glad you published your accident and it will serve as good example for everyone to think over and over about safety . And everything well that ends well.

Reactions: Hondasxs
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!