Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I changed my oil on Saturday and was looking around while I waited for the drain. You're right, @trigger , there's a ton of room under the seat!

Doesn't look like much through the hole but when you put your head down there...
As limited as we are on space, I feel that big empty hole needs to be utilized for something.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Got the jack mounted today. Can be accessed from top or bottom.
I'm done now, time to ride.
Jack and Battery Jack Tray

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Nice work, Ya you'll go for a ride and think of something else to make while your riding, been there done that ,its a sickness!!

Lol, that falls right in line with my wife's thinking too. I told her last night that it's done, nothing else for me to do to it even if I wanted to...she laughed and said I've heard that before! :rolleyes:

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, that falls right in line with my wife's thinking too. I told her last night that it's done, nothing else for me to do to it even if I wanted to...she laughed and said I've heard that before! :rolleyes:

That's wat I said...few week ago..
...then my stereo. ...wouldn't turn off
....so now things...break or....wear out.
Stereo is turning on & off....with button

Reactions: 100Acre and trigger
rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Nice work, Ya you'll go for a ride and think of something else to make while your riding, been there done that ,its a sickness!!
haha...that's funny
called...ADHD..Honda style
is that covered...with insurance. ...lol

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Doesn't look like much through the hole but when you put your head down there...
As limited as we are on space, I feel that big empty hole needs to be utilized for something.
Don't know why...honda left that space...ya think they would of put.....Aux fuel tank there...
wonder if it's a weight thing?....balance.....

Reactions: 100Acre
iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Don't know why...honda left that space...ya think they would of put.....Aux fuel tank there...
wonder if it's a weight thing?....balance.....
But if they left that open and put the gas tank on the other side for weight distribution they should of used a bigger tank,I think I weigh more than 4 gal.of gas !!

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
But if they left that open and put the gas tank on the other side for weight distribution they should of used a bigger tank,I think I weigh more than 4 gal.of gas !!
I didn't design it...
but it's an empty space...
for a reason....
I was saying...put another
little Aux fuel tank...there.

Reactions: Mudder
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't design it...
but it's an empty space...
for a reason....
I was saying...put another
little Aux fuel tank...there.

Honda knew it was wasted space so they came up with that overpriced dishpan to put in there. I'm glad they left me the option honestly. You could mount a good size jug under there for gas, fill it through the seat hole. Battery and jack are both fairly heavy items and are helping the COG, they're sitting on the frame.

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
So I looked around for a battery replacement that was compact and has punch. Came up with an odyssey 925, it has 330 Cold Crank Amps and reserve of 52 minutes iirc. Nice thing is it just fit in my existing under hood surplus ammo box and I was able to add a 100 amp breaker too. I'll put up a pix in my link below when make time tonight. Now gotta put the seat area back together as I was initially thinking of putting it under my seat, need to find a flat tub like container with sealed lid under there for more stuff. Also gonna get some poly conduit with glue on end caps with screw top for tube type storage.

Link to battery PC925L-P Power Sports - Power sport Battery
Cheers,

j

Reactions: trigger
banjobart

banjobart

Dec 8, 2015
East Lansing, MI
Ownership

1. 500
I keep my spare gas in fuel bottles in a $3 wastebasket under the drivers seat. I would want my spare battery higher out of the water (if I had a second battery).

Reactions: JTW
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I keep my spare gas in fuel bottles in a $3 wastebasket under the drivers seat. I would want my spare battery higher out of the water (if I had a second battery).

It's at the same height as the stock battery, bigger and sits on the frame. Helps COG and would take up too much room under the hood for other stuff. No isolator switch either, two type batteries wired in parallel with equal cable lengths. They function as one fat bank of power and, like the stock one, I never have to see the sh**. Fuses and circuit breaker are better protected than under the hood too, it works for me. ;)
Jack and Battery Inside box With sub

Reactions: Eltobgi and Caper
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Consider an Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) type battery for vibration issues. Got one for motorcycle. Will a plastic ammo box work? Also put the circuit breaker like that on P500 for 6 ga. Wire to hood area, , mounted by battery box.
I had a AGM in my Kawasaki and it lasted , up here sitting in the cold garage all winter on no charge and it would start right up in the spring. Lasted for around 7 years . Where a normal bike battery will last a couple. You guys down south don’t have to worry about that. I’m sure the guys like Remington in Michigan know what I’m talking about. Haha. Boy lots of good info. Thanks
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
They do now.. just got one today! It's absurdly over priced. But oh well!
Yeah I got one. There’s not much you can put in there. You might get a battery in there if you could find one thin and tall. I have put three cans and ice in there but the ice didn’t last long. I also put a little plug in it to keep it dry but some does get in.
Caper

Reactions: JTW
K

Kennyjo

Nov 25, 2019
Ga
Ownership

1. 700-4
Has anyone ever installed their second battery under the driver's seat on a 500? Can't believe I would be the first to want to do this!
I've searched the old threads and the web and can't find where anyone has done it, it's always placed up front under the hood.
Just makes sense for me, shorter wire runs, low COG and dead space anyway. Any thoughts on it either way?

ECF53FFA AB0A 485F ABC7 B40EC3966B85 EF873C90 E4CB 40AB BEDE D487444F7D56 9CABC42C 0020 49D8 9B92 E9435303679F 61E2F929 767D 4F64 9802 375EE59E0D33 D2E9EA79 3809 4B80 8A0A D046A34F53FD A581899A 9F5B 4D5E 9564 1BAFAC563BCE

Reactions: JCart and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!