BOX1

P700m4 Battery

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've read some post about adding dual batteries and recently seen where someone (can't find it again) planed on just having a larger automotive battery in a different location. My question is what about a deep cycle marine battery as a replacement or secondary?

Reactions: Brentc
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've read some post about adding dual batteries and recently seen where someone (can't find it again) planed on just having a larger automotive battery in a different location. My question is what about a deep cycle marine battery as a replacement or secondary?
Anything would beat stock. Most guys that switch to automotive style use an Optima yellow top which as I understand is as good or better than duals. This is on my to do list as well!

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
i know I would b sacrificing cold cranking amps but how important are they to a 675cc single cyl engine or a 4500 lb winch. I guess my questions would be... How much at the very least would crank the engine and how dead is dead for a marine battery

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I have a group 31 die hard platinum in the pick up which is a marine battery and its up to 1350 CCA maybe more cant remember. Any car batt will most likely have quite a bit more CCA then the stock baby battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brentc

Brentc

May 8, 2016
SE AK
I'll be subbed to this thread as I'm interested in fitting a batt in the front storage compartment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I'm thinking about fabing up something under drivers seat for battery and using the stock battery box to install an accessory fuse box.

Reactions: Superfan75
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I ran an extra battery under the hood because I had a speaker box under the seat so I had to make a complicated battery box and run cables. @Tflynn is right it seems that under the seat is the best spot it's where most mount it plus your main is there as well so less cables

Reactions: Tflynn
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I used the empty space under the drivers seat. Just make sure that you use a fuse or a circuit breaker on the battery to prevent any electrical melt downs of the vehicle!

3e930a534d423b2bc9e9d412a1630902

Sent from my iPhone 10s

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
I used the empty space under the drivers seat. Just make sure that you use a fuse or a circuit breaker on the battery to prevent any electrical melt downs of the vehicle!

View attachment 15342

Sent from my iPhone 10s
Are u still running the stock battery with that one or just the optima?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Using the optima only. I used the stock battery location for bungee cords and stuff.

Sent from my iPhone 10s

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

View attachment 15342

Sent from my iPhone 10s
I'm thinking about fabing up something under drivers seat for battery and using the stock battery box to install an accessory fuse box.
If I could suggest something. Use one of these off of the second battery before you connect to fuses or any accessories. It will give you back up protection even beyond a fuse box and will allow you to connect or disconnect everything all at once. If you have a problem or want to add something. Even storage just push the button and everything that's not Honda is totally off. Cheap insurance.

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
The bigger single is nice, however I prefer dual batteries. I can jump myself.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
The bigger single is nice, however I prefer dual batteries. I can jump myself.
Don't need to with an isolator. If you're going to run anything while it's not running two is the way to go

Harman24630

Harman24630

Mar 24, 2016
Tazewell Va
Ownership

1. 700-4
Rarely ever be doing anything without it running unless it's the radio on a beer break. My larger concern is with running a winch. I have a winch on my rancher I use to lift and lower my snow plow and if I use it a lot i have to ride it around abit to charge the batt back up. And I am certain the cute little stocker won't stand much of a winch... Or a long beer break.

Reactions: Smitty335
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really would suggest a two battery setup. Put an isolator in between (preferably diode type as they never connect the two batteries, charge the stock as priority,easier hook up,don't take any juice while on and don't need to be run to ignition) and run everything you hook up to the new battery. No chance of having a problem and hurting the factory setup it's easy to turn off and store but best of all never a dead battery even sitting there drinking a beer with the radio on.

Reactions: Gravy
d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
I really would suggest a two battery setup. Put an isolator in between (preferably diode type as they never connect the two batteries, charge the stock as priority,easier hook up,don't take any juice while on and don't need to be run to ignition) and run everything you hook up to the new battery. No chance of having a problem and hurting the factory setup it's easy to turn off and store but best of all never a dead battery even sitting there drinking a beer with the radio on.
This is what I built, however I build my trucks the same way. Never be the guy with the best stereo, lesson hard learned.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@d_b i hope you wear that mask while riding your ass off. Id love to see the looks of people's faces as you blow past

V

vwprostock

Apr 15, 2016
Flower Mound, TX
I put a Duracell deep cycle 120AH under the hood of my 700. Ran one wire from the stock battery with a 25A fuse right at the battery, to the front where I mounted the Duracell. All accy run through the exact 100A breaker shown above, and then they each have a fuse feeding them.

The batteries are seperated by a blue sea mini ACR. I also have a voltmeter built into the USB like toggle switch, so its real cool to watch the Mini ACR work.

12.4-12.6V everything off. Start the pioneer and within 10 seconds the voltmeter jumps to 13.8V-14.0V. Left my satellite radio and MTX soundbar on for 3 hours and the meter was down to 11.6 I think. Started right up, jumped to 13.2 and quickly worked its way back to 13.8-14 V.

Love the set-up.

Nothing against one big one, but I looked, thought, looked hard, and just didn't like the exhaust/heat right in that area, and had plenty of room up front for the Duracell.

Tough to see in the pics but I bent some flat aluminum for the battery holder. It has another U shaped piece under the battery going left to right to keep it side to side. Lined it with foam tape. For now. it has a large velcro strap all the way around it, and after one weekend, it hasn't budged.

Where the two screws are in the aluminum now resides the circuit breaker. This pic was 85% done but not cleaned up.

IMAG4042

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!