ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
Bed extender and bumpers.
Recent phone 656
Who's running what combination. I've got an HMF rear bumper with the built in receiver hitch already. I'm looking at adding a bed extender as well. Several that I've seen have down tubes underneath that either attach to where the bumper mounts or the cross bar below the rear of the bed. The HMF bumper attaches to that as well. I like several of the designs Dirt road fab, JEI, AJK and several others. they are some of the larger ones so i'm guess they need some kind of support. I run a tractor supply box and would love to have room for a cooler too.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
DRF has one of the longest bed extenders but its downtubes would interfere with your rear bumper. I also have a TSC 32" box and there's 14" clearance without the 3 gallon RotoPax which is 4-1/2" deep.

I MvGgzzQ L

I w2BgtdP L

I 54CW2Ds L

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
thats the exact set up i want. I may could fab up a way to attach the tubes to the bumper i suppose. Looks great love the room.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
thats the exact set up i want. I may could fab up a way to attach the tubes to the bumper i suppose. Looks great love the room.
It will make your wallet cry 😢 but it's VERY NICE and well built. You could probably sell your bumper iffn you choose that direction. Dragonfire makes a hitch receiver that fits with the DRF.

More photos and my opinion -
Dirt Road Fabrication Bed Extender/Spare/Rotopax Carrier on a Talon R - The Honda Side by Side Club! (hondasxs.com)

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
wonder how sturdy it would be with out the supports like this guy seems to be running.
Recent phone 735

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
I like the JEI one but it looks like it wouldn't fit with the tractor supply box.
Phone 571

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
wonder how sturdy it would be with out the supports like this guy seems to be running. View attachment 245548
I'd bet he fastened it to the bumper, otherwise it's just hanging from the upper ROPS clamps, free to flex until the thin wall ROPS failed. TerryH posted a photo that I can't find and the ROPS is only .095" thick IIRC (if I remember correctly).

ThunderChicken

ThunderChicken

Sep 7, 2019
BATH
Ownership

1. Talon X
yeah a set of clamps to the cross bar on the bumper would be perfect. I hate to ,loose my HMF bumper. the incorporated hitch comes out so much higher than the regular hitches. it works much better with my cargo rack.
Recent phone 666

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!