Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Awesome thanks
Found them and got em installed. They are smaller diameter than stock but held up to my fat butt sitting on the gate. Gate is level!! Time will tell how they hold up.
IMG 20160419 173455326 HDR 800x450
IMG 20160419 173504061 HDR 800x450

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Do they fold nicely without getting into the latches? That's what my problem was on the 700 do these require all the washers as well?

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do they fold nicely without getting into the latches? That's what my problem was on the 700 do these require all the washers as well?
I closed it several times and the wires tucked out of the way every time. I assume the washers are to take up space since stock ends are pretty thick. Instead of supplied washers I used m8 washers so they'd fit over the shoulder part of the bolts. The supplied instructions are blurry at best.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is close-up of my washers. The supplied ones won't fit over the shoulder. The ones I use take up the extra space but aren't right against the wife so it has room to move.
IMG 20160419 184833830 800x450

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Here is close-up of my washers. The supplied ones won't fit over the shoulder. The ones I use take up the extra space but aren't right against the wife so it has room to move.View attachment 13949
That just might do the trick @Delton thank you. I hated those cables the were always caught up in the latches! I went back to the smooth Honda units on the 700 but I might try again with that setup.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Here is close-up of my washers. The supplied ones won't fit over the shoulder. The ones I use take up the extra space but aren't right against the wife so it has room to move.View attachment 13949
That just might do the trick @Delton thank you. I hated those cables the were always caught up in the latches! I went back to the smooth Honda units on the 700 but I might try again with that setup.
I think it's gonna work out good. The smaller diameter kinda makes me nervous. Guess we will find out lol.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Springer

Springer

Apr 2, 2014
Not that it is germane to the topic of the bed extender, but why on earth would you have to climb (over a tilted 6 " tailgate) in the bed of a P1K5 when you could open either side door, and access any portion of the bed at waist level?
Maybe it's the German in me, but I had to climb into the back of mine because I used the bed to set up my 6' ladder in so I could reach my Martin house that is about 12' high. I was laughing the whole time and should have taken a pic.

Reactions: K3L and joeymt33
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Maybe it's the German in me, but I had to climb into the back of mine because I used the bed to set up my 6' ladder in so I could reach my Martin house that is about 12' high. I was laughing the whole time and should have taken a pic.
Drill small holes in the bottom of the tailgate,get yourself a couple cans expanding foam tape the two straws together and get way up in your gate fill it. Do it evenly across over a couple days about three applications cut off what spills out a little black two part epoxy over the holes then try what you just did! You'll use that gate more!!!

Reactions: AKRider
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Drill small holes in the bottom of the tailgate,get yourself a couple cans expanding foam tape the two straws together and get way up in your gate fill it. Do it evenly across over a couple days about three applications cut off what spills out a little black two part epoxy over the holes then try what you just did! You'll use that gate more!!!
Hells bells a 12 ft ladder would be easier to feed the birds. :rolleyes: Gotta love the "varied uses" that these things get put through. :p

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What's the advantage of doing this? I got several cans of expanding foam out in shop.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Think of a pop can full or a pop can empty. It locks the the two pieces of plastic together and drastically strengthens it! It doesn't allow both pieces to bend separately. Sounds cheesy but it's not. I've done that filled my roll cage and the hinge area of my front doors (that's under $5 fix for saggy doors) expanding foam is no joke. And sounds bad ass when you shut things. It's a thunk rather then clang.

Reactions: Stauvo and Delton
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Think of a pop can full or a pop can empty. It locks the the two pieces of plastic together and drastically strengthens it! It doesn't allow both pieces to bend separately. Sounds cheesy but it's not. I've done that filled my roll cage and the hinge area of my front doors (that's under $5 fix for saggy doors) expanding foam is no joke. And sounds bad ass when you shut things. It's a thunk rather then clang.
Cool idea. I'll have to add that to my list. Thanks

Windrock1000

Windrock1000

Move out of the way! I'm lost?
Lifetime Member
Jun 26, 2016
Windrock, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If I could just figure out if my Yeti 50 would fit in there with the extender I'd buy one in a heartbeat. But I just don't think the lid will open once it's in there. If my dealership would ever install one I'd bring my cooler up there and test fit one.
Yeti 35 fits, but very tight.

R

Rick21

Apr 8, 2018
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have the Honda bed extender in the garage ready to be installed today. Looking in the instructions and parts there is nothing that extends the cables to make the tailgate "flat".

Has anyone installed this accessory and can speak to the tailgate angle?

If this kit doesn't lower the tilt on the tailgate, does anyone know where I can get parts to make my own cable? Is there somewhere you can buy an extended cable?

I think Honda screwed up making the tailgate be angled up when open. I can't understand why they would do this...what truck can you buy that does this???
Need a video to help me with installation...does anyone have one? Please upload

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!