Been in the shop over 30 days

K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Brought in my 2020 talon for its second service, I advised the service guys its been making a popping sound in the rear end as well if they could look at it. Well they said the driver side rear axle was bad so they replaced it, after replacing it its still making the same sound, so now it seems they and Honda are going back and forth on what to fix. Its day 31 now and still in the shop, needless to say its very annoying at this point.
Has anyone had any luck on lemon law with side by sides or should I let them fix it and trade for something else, I would imagine the lawyer fees would probably be equal if not greater in the hit of value any suggestions?

Reactions: TimG
H

HondaTech

Have they tried the other side axle?

I've found its difficult to pinpoint which side it is sometimes and you've got a 50% chance at getting it right.

Most "popping" noises I've repaired have been axles. But it could also thr driveshaft U-joints as well.

Reactions: CID and 1HasBeen

1HasBeen

Oct 20, 2019
Wickenburg, AZ
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I would sometimes walk behind the machine while our tech was doing, slow, tight figure-eights to try to pinpoint the source. It can be a bugger, but a month? Nope.

K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Have they tried the other side axle?

I've found its difficult to pinpoint which side it is sometimes and you've got a 50% chance at getting it right.

Most "popping" noises I've repaired have been axles. But it could also thr driveshaft U-joints as well.
yes they did replace both axles, now the fight with honda they said is to replace the rear diff, good grief set back of another week or two

K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I would sometimes walk behind the machine while our tech was doing, slow, tight figure-eights to try to pinpoint the source. It can be a bugger, but a month? Nope.
yeah it seems excessive to me as well

J

Jodyvaughn1963

Nov 21, 2020
Radford, VA
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Brought in my 2020 talon for its second service, I advised the service guys its been making a popping sound in the rear end as well if they could look at it. Well they said the driver side rear axle was bad so they replaced it, after replacing it its still making the same sound, so now it seems they and Honda are going back and forth on what to fix. Its day 31 now and still in the shop, needless to say its very annoying at this point.
Has anyone had any luck on lemon law with side by sides or should I let them fix it and trade for something else, I would imagine the lawyer fees would probably be equal if not greater in the hit of value any suggestions?
I just purchased a 2021 i4x live valve a month ago I have noticed on 4 occasions loud clinking sound coming from the rear might be transmission, transfer case or differential. It is at the dealership for the first service, myself and the mechanic have tried to make it repeat the sound but have not been able to.

K

kidamer

Jun 20, 2019
ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I just purchased a 2021 i4x live valve a month ago I have noticed on 4 occasions loud clinking sound coming from the rear might be transmission, transfer case or differential. It is at the dealership for the first service, myself and the mechanic have tried to make it repeat the sound but have not been able to.
Finally going to get mine back after over 30 days replaced both rear axles and the rear diff. Mechanic said the noise is gone. But mine only had 700 easy miles ride it around on the farm so, god only knows how many miles before it happens again

M

MDFMac

Aug 23, 2020
upstate ny
Ownership

1. Talon X
these things make noises. not all of them are things that are broken. matter of fact.. i have never owned a off road machine that makes as many noises as a talon. :)

Rednick69

Rednick69

Sep 10, 2020
White Hall, AR.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Finally going to get mine back after over 30 days replaced both rear axles and the rear diff. Mechanic said the noise is gone. But mine only had 700 easy miles ride it around on the farm so, god only knows how many miles before it happens again
I would think it was a fluke thing and I wouldn't expect it to happen again. Outside of the BS time you had to wait, think positive muh dude.

Reactions: Josh97stang and CID
Killer223

Killer223

Lifetime Member
Jan 15, 2019
One of my loud popping noises was the coil separators contacting the crossover rings.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!