farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hello, does anyone have a good opinion on what is the best / reliable / easy to use action camera to mount on Your SXS???
Best camera for the money??? I have been reading lots of bad reviews on GoPro I don`t want to spend $300 plus dollars on a camera that is no more reliable than a $60 camera on Amazon, there are many cameras on Amazon that have good reviews at a fraction of the cost of a GoPro anyone have any luck with these???
Thanks for any info,,,,,

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Garmin VIRB series is really good WAY better experience with them vs any of the GoPros I’ve owned.

I Have actually been looking at that one very hard,,,, Garmin VIRB Ultra 30 , Thank You !!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
get the waterproof powered housing, none of the action cameras have good battery life.
I watch a lot of videos of trail rides here, most have really blotchy pictures on the move, some are really nice and clear, which cameras are clear on the move? Mr S X S .com had a neat 360 camera in CO. Seen some videos from others that look all fish eyed, is the difference on a good video and a bad one is how you down load it? Yea I know. Dumb question!

Last edited:
Reactions: DG Rider
D

Deleted member 3748

The Virb is nice and I'm a little jealous of the gauges they have, but my Hero 5 Black is one touch on and off and I can run it all day on 2 batteries.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Clarity depends on mount if it’s shaking or vibrating clarity is going to be poor
Guess I'm not following you? I thought all mounts vibrated if mounted to the buggy, so are you saying a hand held unit?

D

Deleted member 3748

Guess I'm not following you? I thought all mounts vibrated if mounted to the buggy, so are you saying a hand held unit?
Mount your camera to a quality RAM mount and a GoPro with anti-shake turned on will be smooth as glass.

Reactions: Mudwing
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Clarity depends on mount if it’s shaking or vibrating clarity is going to be poor[/QUOTE
@PistonHondas video is better than most, and he's moving at a fast clip, is there any mount that will clean the blotches up?.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is going to obviously be vibrations and shaking and such on a SXS but all of that Can be amplified by a poor mount to camera causing the camera to actually shake more than the vehicle itself, I think that is what is being said hear ,,,,,,, understandable,,,,

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!