farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I almost purchased a GoPro Hero7 black, but I read a bunch of reviews and it scared me away, sounded like it had very high quality picture but reliability didn't sound good,,,

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have a VIRB and love it. I currently mount it on my hood with a Garmin Mount and its pretty steady. Depending on what mount you use you’ll vibration on any cam. There edit program takes a bit to get use to but it works well once you figure it out. I don’t have any experience with GoPro’s. But my first purchase was one of the cheep knock offs on Amazon a member here turned me on to. It was ok and did the job but jiggled Like set of DD’s on washboards and the speaker picks that rattle up as well. You get what you pay for.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have a VIRB and love it. I currently mount it on my hood with a Garmin Mount and its pretty steady. Depending on what mount you use you’ll vibration on any cam. There edit program takes a bit to get use to but it works well once you figure it out. I don’t have any experience with GoPro’s. But my first purchase was one of the cheep knock offs on Amazon a member here turned me on to. It was ok and did the job but jiggled Like set of DD’s on washboards and the speaker picks that rattle up as well. You get what you pay for.
OK! I will have to get with you Geeks next ride! HA!

D

Deleted member 3748

Hey Brother, my better half just got me s Hero 7 Black any suggestions as dos and don'ts, never owned one.
Download the GoPro software to use it on your phone or computer. For the 5, the software is called GoPro Quik. It's not the best software, but if you want to see the speed and other data, you need it. I use it for that and grabbing clips.

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey Brother, my better half just got me s Hero 7 Black any suggestions as dos and don'ts, never owned one.
I could not decide on Hero 7 Black or Garmin VIRB, I ended up getting the Hero 7 because I got a good price on it but it seem to work good have not used it much yet, I do think I am going to set it up so I can charge it while using it I don't think batteries will last very long, I think that battery life is a problem with all of the action cameras, I don't think that they are really made for long videos probably 15 , 20 min. or less, the camera does get hot, if You turn off all unused functions like voice command and blue tooth features it helps with the heat,,, Good Luck and Merry Christmas,,,,,

D

Deleted member 3748

I could not decide on Hero 7 Black or Garmin VIRB, I ended up getting the Hero 7 because I got a good price on it but it seem to work good have not used it much yet, I do think I am going to set it up so I can charge it while using it I don't think batteries will last very long, I think that battery life is a problem with all of the action cameras, I don't think that they are really made for long videos probably 15 , 20 min. or less, the camera does get hot, if You turn off all unused functions like voice command and blue tooth features it helps with the heat,,, Good Luck and Merry Christmas,,,,,

I went with this and now I have 4 batteries. It gets me through most of a day.

https://amazon.com/gp/product/B078NG927T/?tag=sxsweb24-20

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I watch a lot of videos of trail rides here, most have really blotchy pictures on the move, some are really nice and clear, which cameras are clear on the move? Mr S X S .com had a neat 360 camera in CO. Seen some videos from others that look all fish eyed, is the difference on a good video and a bad one is how you down load it? Yea I know. Dumb question!
Wish I'd seen this sooner Smitty...but I think it's probably YouTube or your internet speed.
I have an older gopro. The videos always look great on my computer, but look pixilated when viewed on YT regardless of the quality of the upload (and I always ran the camera at Max res and frame rate), esp during high movement scenes. I don't have the superfast internet that most have now, so I can't say. I think I ask once, and others said it looked great to them, so who knows.
Also, the vibration distortion usually looks like clear waves in the video, and there is some of that (esp back on the 700), but it's the pixelation I am taking about.

And also: didn't YT, at one point, give more bandwidth to more prolific channels? My videos don't always look so good...but others on the same connection looked absolutely perfect.

Reactions: farmtimpioneer
farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Reactions: Deleted member 3748
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Wish I'd seen this sooner Smitty...but I think it's probably YouTube or your internet speed.
I have an older gopro. The videos always look great on my computer, but look pixilated when viewed on YT regardless of the quality of the upload (and I always ran the camera at Max res and frame rate), esp during high movement scenes. I don't have the superfast internet that most have now, so I can't say. I think I ask once, and others said it looked great to them, so who knows.
Also, the vibration distortion usually looks like clear waves in the video, and there is some of that (esp back on the 700), but it's the pixelation I am taking about.

And also: didn't YT, at one point, give more bandwidth to more prolific channels? My videos don't always look so good...but others on the same connection looked absolutely perfect.
My internet speed is snail speed, so I'll probably hold off on a camera until we get Ozark Go and watch all you guys vid's.

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
My internet speed is snail speed, so I'll probably hold off on a camera until we get Ozark Go and watch all you guys vid's.
You can still upload vids and they will look fine to those with speed. Get the camera!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!