P1000 Best All Around Tire

Scout19

Scout19

May 31, 2020
Princeton
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I ride trail, pavement, snow, ice and mud. I dont really care if it doesn't ride that great on pavement because I'm usually only riding on pavement transitioning from one place to another. I've been looking for weeks, but theres just so many decisions. I've narrowed it down to Blackwater Evos, Mud Lite II's, of Interco Vampire 2's. Anyone have similar needs and have experience with anything that's worked out well. I love mudding, but I dont want something that rides to rought on the trail. Thx!

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I ride trail, pavement, snow, ice and mud. I dont really care if it doesn't ride that great on pavement because I'm usually only riding on pavement transitioning from one place to another. I've been looking for weeks, but theres just so many decisions. I've narrowed it down to Blackwater Evos, Mud Lite II's, of Interco Vampire 2's. Anyone have similar needs and have experience with anything that's worked out well. I love mudding, but I dont want something that rides to rought on the trail. Thx!
I'm on my 2nd sets of evos. Got 3200 miles out of the 1st set. Pretty decent all around tire that does better in the mud than on the rocks. They roar kinda loud on the blacktop.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve ran the evo’s for years. They are a great tire. You probably wouldn’t like the mudlite tire. It is a directional tire meaning they are great in the mud going forward, nothing but spinning in reverse. Just my 2 cents.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just to be clear, tire choice should be based on what part of the country you live in for different terrain. The Evo’s are perfect where I live here in Tennessee.

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know you didnt list MotoHavoks, but they pull decent in the mud and are butter smooth on pavement. I was on 28" Vampire 2s this past weekend and they seemed to do decent in the mud, I couldnt tell you what theyre like on pavement though.

Scout19

Scout19

May 31, 2020
Princeton
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know you didnt list MotoHavoks, but they pull decent in the mud and are butter smooth on pavement. I was on 28" Vampire 2s this past weekend and they seemed to do decent in the mud, I couldnt tell you what theyre like on pavement though.
I just looked up those motohavoks. It's hard to believe those to well on hard pack as well, but if it does that's exactly what I'm looking for. 28x8.5-14 would probably be that size that would fit my stock 2020 deluxe pioneer 1000-5. Would I need 2 inch spacers in the back for tracking? Also, do you think those would fit my stock rims?

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I just looked up those motohavoks. It's hard to believe those to well on hard pack as well, but if it does that's exactly what I'm looking for. 28x8.5-14 would probably be that size that would fit my stock 2020 deluxe pioneer 1000-5. Would I need 2 inch spacers in the back for tracking? Also, do you think those would fit my stock rims?
Yes looking at them you would think they would shake your teeth out on hardpack, but they dont. I think its because the little extra crook in the check mark at the centerline ridge of the tire. I guess it kinda makes the lugs closer together at the centerline so you dont really feel the gap between the lugs. My wife and I both were pleasantly surprised by this. Not sure about the spacers. I think all 4 of my wifes wheels are 14x7 Im pretty sure with the same offset. Her rear tires might ride inside a little bit, but not enough for me to worry, and Im OCD, so things like that bother me. I would say it tracks roughly in the same track, Ive never measured though. If stock rims are 14" they should fit. Off the top of my head I cant remember if stock wheels are 12s or 14s. Probably 14s. I can take pics of my wifes set up later tonight when I get home and post them on here for you to see if youre still interested.

bp1000x4red

bp1000x4red

Jan 24, 2021
richton mississppi
Ownership

1. Talon X4
We ended up buying a set of eldorado mud claw extreme m/ts. I ride mostly pavement and they ride great. trail wise they're also a great tire. They work great in mud as well unless it's very very sticky. mine has well over 3000 and they still have a great amount of tread left.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!