P1000 Best gift I’ve ever given! The look on his face.. priceless!!

Littlesuzyq

Littlesuzyq

Dec 28, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pulled it off.. lots of planning and collaboration but we managed to totally surprise my husband on Christmas Morning with this Honda Pioneer 1000-5. He loves it and is really excited for all the adventures to come.
We have used it to pull the kids and grands around the yard on a sled which was fun, but the best might have been his teen daughter asking him for a ride to her friends house a couple miles away. They don’t do much, just the two of them, so my momma heart was full as they pulled out of the driveway together.
I bought it pre owned (2018) so it came with a few accessories, split poly windshield...( missing top hardware bolts, so I need to know where to get those), hard roof, winch, spare tire. (It was missing the side nets... I’m curious if users would recommend repurchasing them??)

We are shopping for what we might want to add. I know snow Plow and bed extender are on the list, but I’m interested in the soft panels for the doors and back to cut down on dust and keep things warmer in the winter. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
A9305F27 476C 482E 9D42 22089CC59DE3
19EE8040 16DE 422E 8AC2 C7444BF27054
3EDD1BE4 68B2 4411 9D05 F8AF61736262

Last edited:
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a great Christmas present and even originally from our local dealer in Twin Falls. I looked up the parts for the windshield and will attach them below. I was looking at the pic though and it looks like the opener is on the outside of the windshield but it just might be looking at it wrong from the pic. We have the full set of soft front and rear doors along with the rear curtain. It really cuts down on the wind and makes it much more enjoyable in the winter. In late Fall with dusty roads you will get alot of dust coming in the cab with everything closed up though. After the first snow you are good to go. Hope you enjoy.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Whoa, way cool Christmas present - so do you have a single sister? 🤔 :p

I recommend a longer tow rope, those sleds will slide a long ways and you don't want a young 'un to slide underneath. Maybe even a wide 2 x 10 wood bumper plugged into the trailer receiver to keep them from visiting the undercarriage.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I pulled it off.. lots of planning and collaboration but we managed to totally surprise my husband on Christmas Morning with this Honda Pioneer 1000-5. He loves it and is really excited for all the adventures to come.
We have used it to pull the kids and grands around the yard on a sled which was fun, but the best might have been his teen daughter asking him fir a rude to her friends house a couple miles away. They don’t do much, just the two of them, so my momma heart was full as they pulled out of the driveway together.
i bought it pre owned (2018) so it came with a few accessories, split poly windshield...( missing top hardware bolts, so I need to know where to get thowe), hard roof, winch, spare tire. (It was missing the side nets... I’m curious if users would recommend repurchasing them??)

We are shopping for what we might want to add. I know snow Plow and bed extender are on the list, but I’m interested in the soft panels for the doors and back to cut down on dust and keep things warmer in the winter. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 243641View attachment 243642View attachment 243643
Totally awesome gift! If you ride together, you will stay together!

Littlesuzyq

Littlesuzyq

Dec 28, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What a great Christmas present and even originally from our local dealer in Twin Falls. I looked up the parts for the windshield and will attach them below. I was looking at the pic though and it looks like the opener is on the outside of the windshield but it just might be looking at it wrong from the pic. We have the full set of soft front and rear doors along with the rear curtain. It really cuts down on the wind and makes it much more enjoyable in the winter. In late Fall with dusty roads you will get alot of dust coming in the cab with everything closed up though. After the first snow you are good to go. Hope you enjoy.
View attachment 243649
View attachment 243650
View attachment 243651View attachment 243649View attachment 243650View attachment 243651

advertisement
Littlesuzyq

Littlesuzyq

Dec 28, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 243649
View attachment 243650
View attachment 243651View attachment 243649View attachment 243650View attachment 243651

Littlesuzyq

Littlesuzyq

Dec 28, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 243649
View attachment 243650
ok so we narrowed it down to needin 2 6-25mm bolts and 3 6/30mm bolts.. do you think we have to order them from a part company, or should we be able to just buy them at the local ace or car parts place?

Littlesuzyq

Littlesuzyq

Dec 28, 2020
Nevada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whoa, way cool Christmas present - so do you have a single sister? 🤔 :p

I recommend a longer tow rope, those sleds will slide a long ways and you don't want a young 'un to slide underneath. Maybe even a wide 2 x 10 wood bumper plugged into the trailer receiver to keep them from visiting the undercarriage.
.. sorry, no sister, I’m an original! 😉😂
good tip on the rope.. we were just going slow around the circle drive this weekend, but we plan to have a better/safer setup including helmets in the future. 😳😬

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
ok so we narrowed it down to needin 2 6-25mm bolts and 3 6/30mm bolts.. do you think we have to order them from a part company, or should we be able to just buy them at the local ace or car parts place?
If they're straight bolts, not shouldered, Ace, Home Depot, Lowes will carry them. There are many specialty bolts on Japanese vehicles and there are several internet suppliers like Ron Ayers and Partzilla for those.

Too bad about the sister thing. 😢

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We have used it to pull the kids and grands around the yard on a sled which was fun, but the best might have been his teen daughter asking him for a ride to her friends house a couple miles away. They don’t do much, just the two of them, so my momma heart was full as they pulled out of the driveway together.
I bought it pre owned (2018) so it came with a few accessories, split poly windshield...( missing top hardware bolts, so I need to know where to get those), hard roof, winch, spare tire. (It was missing the side nets... I’m curious if users would recommend repurchasing them??)

We are shopping for what we might want to add. I know snow Plow and bed extender are on the list, but I’m interested in the soft panels for the doors and back to cut down on dust and keep things warmer in the winter. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. View attachment 243641View attachment 243642View attachment 243643
That’s pretty awesome, welcome to the club.

Amre2me2

Amre2me2

Aug 11, 2016
Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Be careful towing anybody behind your rig. That rope is waaaay too short. We just had an 11 year old girl killed here in Colorado being towed behind a rig.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Impressive job with keeping it a surprise. You need to hang out with my wife and give her pointers LOL

#NTC

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!