P1000 Best gift I’ve ever given! The look on his face.. priceless!!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ok so we narrowed it down to needin 2 6-25mm bolts and 3 6/30mm bolts.. do you think we have to order them from a part company, or should we be able to just buy them at the local ace or car parts place?
Like was quoted above, if that is all you are needing your local hardware store should be able to get you going. Hope you guys enjoy and keep pics of smiling faces coming.

YardDog

YardDog

Grumpy ol' fart
Lifetime Member
Feb 2, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
(It was missing the side nets... I’m curious if users would recommend repurchasing them??)
I’m interested in the soft panels for the doors and back to cut down on dust and keep things warmer in the winter.
Most people take the nets off as soon as they get home. I'm about the only person on group rides that still has them. If you ride mostly wide open trails you really don't need them. I ride a lot of tight trails with cedar trees and briars and they keep me from getting brush whipped all the time.

As for soft uppers and rear panel there are a lot of choices. I have a CEC enclosure on my 1000-3 and it works great with my flip up windshield and cost a lot less than other brands. For heat, take off the access panel located in front of the middle passengers feet and you'll get quite a bit of heat from the radiator.

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Whoa, way cool Christmas present - so do you have a single sister? 🤔 :p

I recommend a longer tow rope, those sleds will slide a long ways and you don't want a young 'un to slide underneath. Maybe even a wide 2 x 10 wood bumper plugged into the trailer receiver to keep them from visiting the undercarriage.
I about shat the 1st time the kid slid under it lol

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!