BOX1

P1000 best lift and tire size?

KDodd

KDodd

Jan 26, 2021
Newnan, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you are looking for ride height, the SuperATV 3” lift is affordable and easy to install, but 29” tires is about as tall as you can run with it. Forward A-arms with a built in lift give more overall clearance and enable you to run up to 32”. I have CFab a-arms with 3” built in lift, 30” Carnivore tires, with 1.5” wheels spacers, plus a 4” portal lift. I see no need to go higher than a 32” tire. The verdict is still out on whether I like the portals or not. I will likely brake an axle before I will get stuck though. Overall 30” tires seem to be a sweet spot for the pioneer considering how heavy they are. But this is just an opinion.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

If you are looking for ride height, the SuperATV 3” lift is affordable and easy to install, but 29” tires is about as tall as you can run with it. Forward A-arms with a built in lift give more overall clearance and enable you to run up to 32”. I have CFab a-arms with 3” built in lift, 30” Carnivore tires, with 1.5” wheels spacers, plus a 4” portal lift. I see no need to go higher than a 32” tire. The verdict is still out on whether I like the portals or not. I will likely brake an axle before I will get stuck though. Overall 30” tires seem to be a sweet spot for the pioneer considering how heavy they are. But this is just an opinion.
Sounds like a lot of mods to run larger tires... I’m beginning to rethink buying a Honda side by side.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Is that your suggestion over the rmax? I’m just trying to decide on what machine is best for me. I don’t think the pioneer is it based on members suggestions.
Might get more info on the others from forums specific to them, if the Honda pioneer isn’t for you there is a talon section.

Reactions: Isaiah
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is your ground clearance, do you have the SATV lift and portals?

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just bought a 2021 p1k-3, looking for best lift and tire size and style suggestions
Personally I’d skip the lift or do the spacer lift many have done which is cheap and easy process.
I don’t have a lift and run 30’s, I do have SATV a-arms though which moves the tires forward, you couldn’t fit them without the a-arms. I do also have Fox shocks with preload set to give about an 1“ lift.

Do you care about ride quality or just getting it higher? 28’s could be an option as well to reduce costs.

T

tp2121

Jan 27, 2021
ca
Ownership

1. 1000-3
i want a good ride, plan on getting the fox shocks, just wasnt sure what best route was for getting bigger tires and little more clearance , is there any loss in power with the 30s

KDodd

KDodd

Jan 26, 2021
Newnan, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What is your ground clearance, do you have the SATV lift and portals?
I have 20” of clearance. I have 1.5” forward a-arms which have 3 inch lift built in. I was able to run 32” tires with this alone. I now have 4” portals which get me more width and clearance.

KDodd

KDodd

Jan 26, 2021
Newnan, GA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 20” of clearance. I have 1.5” forward a-arms which have 3 inch lift built in. I was able to run 32” tires with this alone. I now have 4” portals which get me more width and clearance.
SuperATV portals and CFab arms

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
i want a good ride, plan on getting the fox shocks, just wasnt sure what best route was for getting bigger tires and little more clearance , is there any loss in power with the 30s
Get fox shocks and put new springs on them, 250lb front 300lb rear and with 30’s you be lifted plenty.
280A1937 1BE7 48F1 A4D6 A33EE65AB37B
16127E9C 4465 4279 B74D 488FBBA1B39D

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!