P1000m5 Best storage options

L

lildave

Apr 18, 2017
Iowa
Looking at some input on what you guys are using for storage. I'm planning on hauling some ratchet and tow straps, and few tools. The Honda rack bag looks nice but not totally sure it's going to have the space I need. I own a 1000-5 deluxe so I would need something easy to remove if I wanted to flip the back seats up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
First of all, welcome to the forum!

Second, you got to show pics of the new ride! It's kind of the unwritten rule!

Third, I use a pelican 1450 in the rear passenger foot well when I don't have rear passengers. Also, two ammo cans fit under the seat. You can fit a lot of stuff in those ammo cans.

(Delton) "I HATE light scratches too. Makes me think I left some fun on the table. So I go back out there and cover them up with deep scratches. Works every time lol."

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I got my tow strap under my hood. No other tools needed lol

Reactions: sharp
RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IMG 1509
IMG 1514
Looking at some input on what you guys are using for storage. I'm planning on hauling some ratchet and tow straps, and few tools. The Honda rack bag looks nice but not totally sure it's going to have the space I need. I own a 1000-5 deluxe so I would need something easy to remove if I wanted to flip the back seats up.

I went with the under seat storage, and under dash storage, they where a bit pricey but provided quite a bit of storage you can get them here
2017 Pioneer - Honda Powersports

IMG 1508 IMG 1515

Reactions: JTW, pct and sharp
L

lildave

Apr 18, 2017
Iowa
What are you gonna do with the tools? I know it ain't work:)

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

I would find some mouth piece from KY to respond with something!! LOL

Reactions: pct
L

lildave

Apr 18, 2017
Iowa
Thanks guys I appreciate the help! I didn't think about the space under the rear seats!! Will be sure to get some pics posted of my new ride.

Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
Space in under front seat not rear seats

Reactions: pct
advertisement
Smidgy

Smidgy

May 10, 2017
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone try some of the generic UTV boxes that you can get from Kolpin, Quadrax or Tusk? Seems like they would pull out pretty easy while providing good water protection. Wish Honda had one that would quick mount in there so we could drag them out.

Smidgy

Smidgy

May 10, 2017
New Brunswick
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I wondered myself if this would fit in the back with the seats up

View attachment 43247
Good Question, someone has to make something for these things. I would love to have a setup that I could put in there when I know I am not going to use the back seats that was easy enough to pull out for when I wanted to, looked the part and sealed against the elements. You see them for everything else but the Pioneers....

N

Nipper

May 11, 2017
Oklahoma
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone ever thought about something like this for additional storage while on excursions? The cheaper ones usually are rated for 400lbs. Im thinking about getting one and bracing it up some since with a full yeti, gas jug and someones fat a$$ plopped on it during a stop, i could see it being overloaded. Or I suppose i could buy one for a car/truck and modify it so it wont be so low to be a clearance issue. What do yall think?B4ccb408e6a89febbc8f836c91f7de5897c8aeb7a334613926096fd744fa1cc7

Reactions: Ridem32
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I made one like the second one, HEAVY. You really notice the extra weight. Mines prob 50lbs when it's empty.

Aluminum might not be so bad.

Reactions: Nipper
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Found this Quadra Stinger bag on a Sportsmens Warehouse closeout rack. Fits my P500 seat real nice.

Screen Shot 2017 07 29 at 95018 PM

J

JTW

I use the under seat Honda storage witha dry bag... and the Honda under dash shelf... I've been putting an action packer from Walmart in the back and I have a large duffel dry bag. The issue is when the kids go. It's just been me and the wife on trip so far. But that will change this fall. I think the bed extention will be the best option for me. Although I do have a cargo hitch carrier like you posted. I think this is the one I have.
Game Winner® ATV/UTV Hitch Rack | Academy

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!