Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
What size optima are you running and where did you get the battery box from?

I was running a 34/78 size. The guy I bought it from no longer does business. :-(

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Oh okay do you have any better pictures of the box I'll probably just build on and thanks

I've sold the vehicle so I don't have any better pics.

You don't need the side shield like shown in the pic. Just get a generic battery holder for an optima and bolt it to the tubes underneath. If your worried about be heat, use a heat mat meant for batteries.

R

Ray

Sep 6, 2015
For anyone else looking at this, I would suggest instead of a dual battery set up, go instead for a larger single battery, but carry a lithium battery pack jump starter - you can buy these from electronics stores or search amazon for "jump starter power bank" and they are about $50-$100
If you are going to drain power while idle, you might want a voltage meter so you know when the battery is potentially running low.

Reactions: GPR1500SC
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
For anyone else looking at this, I would suggest instead of a dual battery set up, go instead for a larger single battery, but carry a lithium battery pack jump starter - you can buy these from electronics stores or search amazon for "jump starter power bank" and they are about $50-$100
If you are going to drain power while idle, you might want a voltage meter so you know when the battery is potentially running low.

I like your jump pack idea

Your not supposed to max your winch out with continuous load of 100% duty cycle with out taking cooling breaks, so resting/cooling your winch on a heavy pull also lets your battery charge, and if you don't load your winch hard enough that you don't need to cool it you don't need a extra battery to power it, there how about that for a two cent opinion?

Reactions: Tramguage1
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't know if you guys keep up with the general forum, but there is a member in need there Cassy McClure, diagnosed with breast cancer at 39 years of age, Jasson and Cassy are in Chicago right now and will be making mutable trips, White Lightning is raffling a new hand gun off to raise funds for travel expenses. All money raised goes to Cassy and Jasson, these are great people, PLEASE get involved! Thanks!

Reactions: Plumber32
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I don't know if you guys keep up with the general forum, but there is a member in need there Cassy McClure, diagnosed with breast cancer at 39 years of age, Jasson and Cassy are in Chicago right now and will be making mutable trips, White Lightning is raffling a new hand gun off to raise funds for travel expenses. All money raised goes to Cassy and Jasson, these are great people, PLEASE get involved! Thanks!
And they are members and put on a big fish fry at this months ride1

Reactions: Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!