DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Thanks DGRider. I also thought about putting the bigger (stock) rear wheels on all four corners, but not sure. I have no intention of putting high end after market wheels on mine. I like the simple stock look of black OEMs. When you get yours, will you let us know how it worked out, and post a picture? Thanks!
Will do, but prob a month or two away.

jphunter55

jphunter55

May 7, 2017
Indian River County, Fl.
Ownership

1. 500
Buggy
26x11 Kenda Bearclaw HTR's all around, no issues on 5+2 IPT steel wheels

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
In my opinion, wider tires will rob more power than taller tires in sloppy off road conditions. I have 30" tall tires and have never needed more torque to climb anything. View media item 3348

I've never asked but often wondered how you were able to fit 30's on a P5? Even doing the frame mod wouldn't give enough clearance, did you lift it somehow?

Reactions: Chris_p500
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
I've never asked but often wondered how you were able to fit 30's on a P5? Even doing the frame mod wouldn't give enough clearance, did you lift it somehow?

No, in fact I had stock shocks in that photo. Sure, I have rubbed the paint off of the down tube behind the tire, but that was when it had a lot of mud on it. No Regerts! I would do it again in a second...in fact I set up a new spare tire/wheel to keep back at camp whenever I go on a group ride. I was pondering going taller next go around, but with the locker it is more than capable.

View media item 3441

Timmy

Timmy

May 22, 2016
Elkview, West Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
I am goin
No, in fact I had stock shocks in that photo. Sure, I have rubbed the paint off of the down tube behind the tire, but that was when it had a lot of mud on it. No Regerts! I would do it again in a second...in fact I set up a new spare tire/wheel to keep back at camp whenever I go on a group ride. I was pondering going taller next go around, but with the locker it is more than capable.

View media item 3441
[/QUOTe

gmacaluso

gmacaluso

Sep 16, 2018
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
The leader in the clubhouse is 26X9X12 front, 26X11X12 back, Bighorn 2 with 5+2 offset wheels. But then you get to pay 40% more for this option. Other concern if restricted is this option puts you at 54" in the rear.

Reactions: trigger
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
The leader in the clubhouse is 26X9X12 front, 26X11X12 back, Bighorn 2 with 5+2 offset wheels. But then you get to pay 40% more for this option. Other concern if restricted is this option puts you at 54" in the rear.

??

I have 27x11x12 on 4+3s on the rear. Measures 53.5 max. HTRs...

B

BWHunter

Nov 2, 2020
WI
Ownership

1. 500
Is there a benefit from going with offset wheels vs. spacers? Unless you want the upgraded look of new wheels the cost/benefit doesn't compute in my mind.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Is there a benefit from going with offset wheels vs. spacers? Unless you want the upgraded look of new wheels the cost/benefit doesn't compute in my mind.

Not really. Some are adamant that spacers are unsafe but that's been proven wrong on this forum. Been running spacers on my machine since I got it with no horror stories. The most important thing is that they're installed correctly. The only other benefits to offset wheels is the width of the wheel itself and sometimes weight.

happyfred

happyfred

Mar 20, 2019
NY
Ownership

1. 500
Not really. Some are adamant that spacers are unsafe but that's been proven wrong on this forum. Been running spacers on my machine since I got it with no horror stories. The most important thing is that they're installed correctly. The only other benefits to offset wheels is the width of the wheel itself and sometimes weight.
The beauty of spacers is they're removable!..if you ever need to go back to stock width.
Trigger. Have you noticed any loss of pulling power with the 27" tires?
I'm ready for new tire. I use my machine for hauling trees for firewood. My property has some very steep hills that I have pulled logs up no problem . I'm concerned the 27s will effect the gearing too much.
Your opinion is appreciated.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The beauty of spacers is they're removable!..if you ever need to go back to stock width.
Trigger. Have you noticed any loss of pulling power with the 27" tires?
I'm ready for new tire. I use my machine for hauling trees for firewood. My property has some very steep hills that I have pulled logs up no problem . I'm concerned the 27s will effect the gearing too much.
Your opinion is appreciated.

I'm actually running 28's and yes there is some power loss, mainly when trying to achieve top speed. I went with the BH 2.0's so they are a lighter tire than some of the others available. I don't think adding 27's will rob it too much if you pay attention to the weight and especially for pulling power, the P5's are low geared.

Reactions: happyfred
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!