P500 Bigger P500 tires

M

Mack10

Sep 19, 2021
Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 102256
I have 27x9-12’s all around, stock rims, no spacers. No rubbing on the frame.
Hi Timmy, new to the forum and new to Pioneers. I really like this setup, as I don't like the idea of spacers, and I like the stock steel wheels but would love a little more ground clearance. Though people seem to say if you go taller on stock wheels with no offset or spacers, the machine gets very tippy. I'm just curious if this has been your experience, or do you find it to be stable enough? Thanks in advance!

PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
Hi Timmy, new to the forum and new to Pioneers. I really like this setup, as I don't like the idea of spacers, and I like the stock steel wheels but would love a little more ground clearance. Though people seem to say if you go taller on stock wheels with no offset or spacers, the machine gets very tippy. I'm just curious if this has been your experience, or do you find it to be stable enough? Thanks in advance!
I'll chime in to say I put spacers on with stock wheels and tires. My first hour owning the 500 found me pinned under it for several hours after rolling over a hidden rock in some under growth in first gear. Being a MC rider my instinct was to put out foot when tipping. It went right through the space on the unhinged side of the passenger door, pinning my ankle between the door and the frame with the weight of the machine on it. Not a comfortable place. To sum up, I find it tippy with stock wheels and tires.

S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
If gates aren't an issue and you can deal with the filth, width is safety. I'm now addicted to my 59" rear width the 50" cage. And I still find ways to two and three wheel it......

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
If gates aren't an issue and you can deal with the filth, width is safety. I'm now addicted to my 59" rear width the 50" cage. And I still find ways to two and three wheel it......

After 27s on 4+3s, I was pretty happy at 53" but didn't love the mud thrown. Installed full Mudbusters kit, which put the plastics at 56", which looked odd with the tires at 53" (well, just the rear, IMO). Have installed 1" spacers to the rear which has helped the appearance and stability. Love this little buggy, though 55-56 is a bit different in the tight woods than 50". I can still run just about any trail that a quad runs though. No regerts at all on my choices, I haven't tipped it over in a while! :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!