P1000 Bought a 52" curved light bar

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I pulled the trigger on a 52" curved light bar but now looking at the draw on this thing I am wondering if it's bigger than I should have went with. It draws 25amps at 12v according to the manufacturer specs. Did I overdue it? I have an overhead sound system coming with 2 amps and 8 speakers that is probably gonna be about the same draw (at max power I believe). Thinking I'm making a mistake here. I have the 2nd odyssey battery but am worried about the load overall. I have 4 more LED cubes to hook up then as well, minimal draw I suppose there. Just seems like a lot for the machine to me but this is fairly new to me so trial and error I guess.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I pulled the trigger on a 52" curved light bar but now looking at the draw on this thing I am wondering if it's bigger than I should have went with. It draws 25amps at 12v according to the manufacturer specs. Did I overdue it? I have an overhead sound system coming with 2 amps and 8 speakers that is probably gonna be about the same draw (at max power I believe). Thinking I'm making a mistake here. I have the 2nd odyssey battery but am worried about the load overall. I have 4 more LED cubes to hook up then as well, minimal draw I suppose there. Just seems like a lot for the machine to me but this is fairly new to me so trial and error I guess.
I'm no electrical guru, my issue is with the size, where would I put it, the roof and hood are out of the question. I need something I can tuck into the bumper, but my stock bumper is not compatible with that. My need to have one built.

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm no electrical guru, my issue is with the size, where would I put it, the roof and hood are out of the question. I need something I can tuck into the bumper, but my stock bumper is not compatible with that. My need to have one built.
I'm putting above the hood between the roll bars for now. The stock bumper is tight with spacing to squeeze something between there but I have seen guys do it with single row leds on here.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I think you will find the amp draw is slightly less then the specs. shown. With that said I also have 52" light bar, winch and also numerous other items. I think you will be fine running everything off the Odessy. I would add that I plan on adding a female cigarette lighter plug to the 2nd battery system. This will allow me to plug it in to charge the Odessy fully before I go on a ride.Then I can also use it to plug in my 20gal sprayer.

Reactions: EricG
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think you will find the amp draw is slightly less then the specs. shown. With that said I also have 52" light bar, winch and also numerous other items. I think you will be fine running everything off the Odessy. I would add that I plan on adding a female cigarette lighter plug to the 2nd battery system. This will allow me to plug it in to charge the Odessy fully before I go on a ride.Then I can also use it to plug in my 20gal sprayer.
I'm doing the same thing. I bought a trickle charger for it not realizing the 12 volt accessory was ignition triggered but I get why they would do it. I plugged it in and nothing LOL. I have a 12 volt spreader and a 12 volt sprayer I will be running off of that for my food plots. Does it matter which battery the plug is hooked to? Will it also charge the second battery (in this case factory) with the isolator?

EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
TEMCo LD0047 LED Automotive Light - 52" 300 Watt - Curved CREE Flood Spot Combo Off Road Bar

Here is the light I bought. It's cheaper through ebay but still comes factory direct. I like the warranty they have on it. I know you can buy amazon ones cheaper and people like them but this company seems to have been around awhile. Not sure how others are built but this thing is heavy as hell and built like a tank as far as a light goes. Hope to get it hooked up in the next couple days.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
From what I understand the isolator works like a voltage sensing relay, when the voltage drops below a preset level it opens the connection between them. So I think if you plug in a charger on either battery the isolator will close the connection when the battery you are charging get to that preset voltage. So yes I think it will charge both.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Nice bar! Pics when you get it installed. I used the brackets that are sold by a member here. They worked great and made mounting very easy.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5

OptiMATE Cable O-40, Weatherproof SAE socket, panel mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N57XLNS/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Use it to charge battery and power small air compressor.

Have a 10ga pigtail for sprayer or high amp draw accessories

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I understand the isolator works like a voltage sensing relay, when the voltage drops below a preset level it opens the connection between them. So I think if you plug in a charger on either battery the isolator will close the connection when the battery you are charging get to that preset voltage. So yes I think it will charge both.

It will connect the batteries and charge both once one is 12.8v or above.

advertisement
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OptiMATE Cable O-40, Weatherproof SAE socket, panel mount https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N57XLNS/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Use it to charge battery and power small air compressor.

Have a 10ga pigtail for sprayer or high amp draw accessories
Well hell ain't that nifty. You could mount that on the side of pioneer instead of the dash as well I guess. You just cut the other end off and go direct to battery right.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well hell ain't that nifty. You could mount that on the side of pioneer instead of the dash as well I guess. You just cut the other end off and go direct to battery right.

I put it on the dash because the main battery is within reach after you cut the end off

I could have just as easily connected it to my battery under the seat like my 10ga pigtail is(I have a fused 70 amp relay controlled by a switch on the dash.)

35af68981cceb98cbcf66cda509d6c6e

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I' thinking I will install closer to the bed. That will make sprayer connecting easier. Thanks @ohanacreek for the link.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I' thinking I will install closer to the bed. That will make sprayer connecting easier. Thanks @ohanacreek for the link.

Anytime those aren’t easy to search for but I’d seen them befpre and I wanted one.

I have the 10ga pigtail terminated at the drivers side B pillar near the upper seatbelt mount. Let’s me plug my prayer in there. Right now I have a 40gallon with a wand but I’m going to make a hitch mounted boom to keep the corrosive spray off Pioneer parts.

Reactions: jobob
EricG

EricG

Lifetime Member
Jul 19, 2017
North East PA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I put it on the dash because the main battery is within reach after you cut the end off

I could have just as easily connected it to my battery under the seat like my 10ga pigtail is(I have a fused 70 amp relay controlled by a switch on the dash.)

View attachment 59984
Thanks for that info. That's a really great idea. Add that to the list. I have a pile of stuff that has to get mounted up LOL. Just need the time to o it.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just bought a 3 point 45 gal spryer with folding booms. I'm thinking the same type of install, I may just put it on wheels and pull it like a trailer.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just bought a 3 point 45 gal spryer with folding booms. I'm thinking the same type of install, I may just put it on wheels and pull it like a trailer.

Nice I made mine from spare parts, I’d rather have nice accessories than a nice sprayer. There’s a website I found all the pieces to turn a RV water tank into a sprayer tank. Cost me about $80 including a nice spray wand.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Mine was from a buddy that needed some cash and this way he can use it whenever he needs it.

Reactions: ohanacreek
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!