P1000 Bought used P1000-5D yesterday

C

CUOFFRD

Mar 13, 2016
NW Arkansas
Picked up a P1000-5 Deluxe yesterday from a business that no longer needs it. It has 86 miles, 10 hours, fold out windshield, hard top, battery tender, and 3 year extended warranty. Paid $16K. This setup new would have cost me $20K+ with taxes.

I bought it for my wife and three daughters. I have a RZR XP1K for myself and a RZR 170 for the girls.

Thoughts?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@CUOFFRD Welcome to the club! Sounds like you made out OK. Should work out perfect for what you bought it for. Congrats!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
86 miles and 10 hrs? You pretty much did buy new lol. Welcome to the forum. No matter how many pics I see, I still like looking at them. That's one sexy looking machine.

C

CUOFFRD

Mar 13, 2016
NW Arkansas
Thanks guys. This just looked like a smart buy to me. I hate paying high sales tax on something if I can avoid it. This will seat all five of us if needed and still has the fun factor we're looking for.

I've only driven it through the neighborhood so I'm still getting used to the shifting. I'm not use to something that "jumps" forward when you start on the throttle from a stop.

Reactions: Hondasxs
sporttrac4x4

sporttrac4x4

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2016
ILL.
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Yeah your used to that belt drive on your RZR. Give it less gas and it will jump forward less put it in high and no sport mode then it should be smoother take off.

franzw

franzw

Jan 2, 2016
pacific nothwest
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Picked up a P1000-5 Deluxe yesterday from a business that no longer needs it. It has 86 miles, 10 hours, fold out windshield, hard top, battery tender, and 3 year extended warranty. Paid $16K. This setup new would have cost me $20K+ with taxes.

I bought it for my wife and three daughters. I have a RZR XP1K for myself and a RZR 170 for the girls.

Thoughts?

View attachment 11817 View attachment 11818
congrats on your purchase. Its like new and you sure got a super deal, without all the dealer charges and taxes etc., and it looks ready to ride and enjoy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!