Bouncy Throttle fix

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
Was it just one driver or 2 drivers? I am thinking about something but it has to be comfortable for 2 different types
Just the one driver. The spring doesn't change the location of the pedal, it just makes it harder to push in, and it comes back up faster. I do have a Throttle Max on it as well, that extends the foot pedal.
The best thing about the spring is when you hit bumps and your foot hits the pedal, it doesn't engage easily. That is the fix I was looking for. So it really depends on what kind of riding you and your two Gf's do!!

Reactions: Lilred02
ToolTime

ToolTime

Oct 10, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. Talon X
Ok, the picture has taken over the thread, lucky man. That being said, is keeping a little pressure against the tunnel that difficult? Whenever I get into a bouncy spot I just create some friction by putting my shoe against the tunnel and it keeps me from unwanted throttle movement. Ok, depending on the passenger, sometimes bouncing a passenger has its benefits...

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X
I agree, that may work for some folks. The spring mod isn't for everyone. But for my kind of riding, I'm really happy with it.
Ok, the picture has taken over the thread, lucky man. That being said, is keeping a little pressure against the tunnel that difficult? Whenever I get into a bouncy spot I just create some friction by putting my shoe against the tunnel and it keeps me from unwanted throttle movement. Ok, depending on the passenger, sometimes bouncing a passenger has its benefits.

Reactions: Montecresto
B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Since this issue keeps coming up I thought I would repost my solution. To me the answer was to make the lever arm longer and add some spongyness to the pedal. You may have seen quads with shot gun shells over the trigger to make it less sensitive.

"I went with a little simpler solution. I made piece out of 20 ga SS spring steel. About 7" X 2" with a cutout to clear the "trans tunnel". Attached it to the gas pedal with two screws at the groove on the pedal. Really took the bounce out of the action."

You can very the length to get the right amount of "give" to suit. And it still lets you mash the pedal down fast if you want to.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Since this issue keeps coming up I thought I would repost my solution. To me the answer was to make the lever arm longer and add some spongyness to the pedal. You may have seen quads with shot gun shells over the trigger to make it less sensitive.

"I went with a little simpler solution. I made piece out of 20 ga SS spring steel. About 7" X 2" with a cutout to clear the "trans tunnel". Attached it to the gas pedal with two screws at the groove on the pedal. Really took the bounce out of the action."

You can very the length to get the right amount of "give" to suit. And it still lets you mash the pedal down fast if you want to.
Cool, what’s the price and when can you ship...🤔😂

PhilCod

PhilCod

Dec 10, 2019
Indiana
Ownership

1. Talon X

Sounds like a good set up! Can you post a picture?

Reactions: Montecresto
B

bk5r

Apr 13, 2020
Congress, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
Here's a pic

Pedal Mod

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!