highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Over the past week my father-in-law and I installed these throttle body plates in our talons.
With the OEM parts out I compared measurements and got a 0.10” increase in diameter over OEM.
You’ll see in the photos below the increase is on the throttle body side where the plate is bored to match the throttle body bore. Look at the inside notch area.
C9D50799 BAE2 402D 97A8 AA61892A10F4

D38D3B80 5BFD 4AA1 912A 3285E1C5F2D9

Overall I’d say the throttle response is better. The Talon feels like it revs quicker and runs smoother. Pwrtune told me 2-4 HP increase which is not much but if you plan on other modifications, it’s still power you won’t get anywhere else.
Nice finish on the machined aluminum too.

We waited a long time before purchasing and installing while adding other accessories. We also found that the boots on my 2019 X and his 2021 X LV were not fully tightened onto the OEM plate. They were not going to fall off but not tight either.

Last edited:
SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Want even more power on the cheap? You can send the TB out to a company called MaxBore in Florida and have it bored. It's less than $200 to have it done, including new oversize throttle plates, and his turnaround is fast. :cool:

BTW..... Andy at PwrTune and his products kick ass. I hurt some feelings last year at the track with a stock motor that had the PwrTune intake, his Talon tunes and an HMF exhaust.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Want even more power on the cheap? You can send the TB out to a company called MaxBore in Florida and have it bored. It's less than $200 to have it done, including new oversize throttle plates, and his turnaround is fast. :cool:
What would this do for it?
Noticeable difference?

I really don't want to get into cam'ing the thing.

Enigma

Enigma

East Tennessee Mudder
Lifetime Member
Mar 22, 2020
Rocky Top
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Great information. Thanks HighPocket74 for sharing. I love the idea of moving from rubber to metal throttle body plates. Especially if you are planning to add a S&B Particle separator (added air pressure?). Not sure, but seems to me if you would add a gasket it would make a better seal when you attach your hoses. Again, not sure about this so you might have to experiment. Again, great idea.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!