P1000 Brake light splice location

O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Hi all,Adding a turn signal kit and want to use factory tailights. Wondering if anyone knows where the right and left are spliced so I can seperate them. I have looked and searched threads but no luck. I will post my setup when done,just got it last Friday. Pk5

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi.
Can't give you clear info until tonight. I'll snap a pic.
But, they both run under the bed towards the center then they combine together into one plug.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
O

oilslick

May 4, 2016
central illinois
Hi.
Can't give you clear info until tonight. I'll snap a pic.
But, they both run under the bed towards the center then they combine together into one plug.

Great, thanks for getting back,that sounds easy enough to find, guess I should take another look tonight.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Ya. Look for wires running just under the tail gate from both sides.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Just noticed this thread. Here's the diagram of the wiring I made doing my turn signals. You'll find the wires going across the frame rail under the box on the driver side going down below the cab. look for a green wire with a yellow tracer it starts at taillights and goes across under tailgate and should go all the way forward. It's the same at either taillight. Run test light from cab forward to be positive.

B

bowtec101

Mar 19, 2016
Kearney MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Does anyone know how to splice in to the brake light wire? What color is the wire trying to do it from master cylinder wiring harness?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Not aware of any wires on the master cylinder on NON-LE versions.
Not sure about LE versions.

But the brake light trigger is right there on the peddle assembly, It would be the green/yellow wire for brake.

B

bowtec101

Mar 19, 2016
Kearney MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

But the brake light trigger is right there on the peddle assembly, It would be the green/yellow wire for brake.
Just got done hooking wire harnessed up for brake lights the green and yellow wire and the brown wire for the running lights. Neither one seems to be working. I even tried grounding the ground wire which is the green and white wire to see if that would help. Still not working. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?

B

bowtec101

Mar 19, 2016
Kearney MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

One more thing I am using the XK glow blinker light system.

advertisement
Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One more thing I am using the XK glow blinker light system.
Just got done hooking wire harnessed up for brake lights the green and yellow wire and the brown wire for the running lights. Neither one seems to be working. I even tried grounding the ground wire which is the green and white wire to see if that would help. Still not working. Is there
Just got done hooking wire harnessed up for brake lights the green and yellow wire and the brown wire for the running lights. Neither one seems to be working. I even tried grounding the ground wire which is the green and white wire to see if that would help. Still not working. Is there something else I'm doing wrong?
try
Use a light tester to confirm wiring. Make sure your accessory light switch is on. That bit me in the ass when I installed my license plate light 😂

Reactions: Lady01 and ChadD

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!