Talon Break in period

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
I know the initial service is due at 20 hours or 100 miles whichever comes first.

I cannot find any info on how it should be driven during the “break in” period. The mechanic from Honda just said “don’t drive it like you stole it”

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
MFG

MFG

Mar 14, 2019
East Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
I let mine warm up good before moving it, I ran it down the road about 2 miles and then ran the s*** out of it for a while. After a good run I let it sit overnight to get good and cold. I continued this every day for the first hundred miles. Going to service it this weekend and not look back. Mine continues to run better with time.

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Got it to 100 miles last weekend. Changed all fluids and filters. Ready to go

R

Reneb3

Oct 14, 2017
Cross sc
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R
Got it to 100 miles last weekend. Changed all fluids and filters. Ready to go

How about check the valve clearance? It is on the 100 mile list too

bigblueaz

bigblueaz

Apr 7, 2019
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
How about check the valve clearance? It is on the 100 mile list too

No I haven’t. Does anyone know how hard this is? Looked at a pioneer video. Need a tool to swap shim. Obviously would not expect wear after 100 miles.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!