Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just posting that the Trail cleanup for Buckhorn was moved to May 13th due to the rain we received last weekend. Once they update all the details / schedule of events I will post here as well. Just getting the date on the board for now

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Latest information

Upload 2017 5 2 8 26 53

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am pretty sure I am going to the trail clean up on Sat - if anyone else is up for meeting there let me know. It is a beautiful area and with the rain we are suppose to get thru Friday morning the trails should be fun :)

Reactions: Tigermark
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am pretty sure I am going to the trail clean up on Sat - if anyone else is up for meeting there let me know. It is a beautiful area and with the rain we are suppose to get thru Friday morning the trails should be fun :)

I'm still an undecided. depends on my brother in laws child custody. Whenever he has his daughter my wife wants to go be with her family for Mother's Day. I'll let you know as soon as I do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm still an undecided. depends on my brother in laws child custody. Whenever he has his daughter my wife wants to go be with her family for Mother's Day. I'll let you know as soon as I do...

Sounds good, just let me know -I was not going to go unless I knew at least one other person but I see that there are quite a few coming to the event with hopes of grouping up with others. I think it will be a good chance to meet some people and give a little back to the trail system.

Now I need to see if I can get my chainsaw to work -or I am going to bring my cordless sawzaw with some trimmer blades.

Reactions: nbomar
nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sounds good, just let me know -I was not going to go unless I knew at least one other person but I see that there are quite a few coming to the event with hopes of grouping up with others. I think it will be a good chance to meet some people and give a little back to the trail system.

Now I need to see if I can get my chainsaw to work -or I am going to bring my cordless sawzaw with some trimmer blades.

Unfortunately I'm out for this. Just got confirmation we are celebrating Mother's Day Saturday due to custody stuff with family.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unfortunately I'm out for this. Just got confirmation we are celebrating Mother's Day Saturday due to custody stuff with family.

Hey, I totally understand. I will let you know how it went and hopefully I will get to learn the place there a little better for another trip.

Since you not going I am going to skip this part lol
Upload 2017 5 11 14 57 57

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Long day down at Buckhorn first cleaning the trail and then riding again after.

Now to just say how disappointed I was in the local forest agency. The organizer asked them if they wanted to come and speak to the group and if they would be willing to answer some question as laws here are changing/ have changed and many (including myself) are finding it hard to know what you are allowed to do and not allowed to do. Let me also mention that across AR the Rangers have somewhat or seemingly been aggressive in giving out tickets lately so as you can image people are anxious to "understand". Well the called and canceled late yesterday which is understandable - things come up -

But

We get back from the cleanup on the trail and there they are hiding in the bushes jumping out and giving tickets to any one who was on the road - mind you there is about 1/4 mile of road that allows you skip about 20 min of trail to get to a dirt road you are allowed to ride on - also mind you that this paved road used to be legal to ride on and was just paved in the last 4 months (and the middle of nowhere- no cell service either) so people are confused as to if they can or can't ride on it.

That was quickly answered today by the Rangers who decided to ticket the people who asked them to speak and clarify the rules and who were also out picking up trash and cut fallen trees

Here is a pic of a Blue light ranger
IMG 0952

Now off the soap box (and I did not get a ticket)

Here is a cooler location of a moonshiner hideout and the inside
IMG 0967

IMG 0969
IMG 0967 IMG 0971 IMG 0972 IMG 0973

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ba1f1f50b46b0337ca4d9975c1ca185c

Pulled this one from Facebook.

That is UNBELIEVABLE about the ranger! So you guys are out cleaning the forest doing the right thing, they were supposed to be there to clarify some new rules and then they surprise everyone and start writing tickets?!?! I don't get it man. I just don't get it. Haven't seen any talk of this on the Facebook group.

So more importantly. How does this place compare to mulberry / mill creek? I have only been once and didn't know my way around so I just rode gravel roads and crap...

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
View attachment 43491

Pulled this one from Facebook.

That is UNBELIEVABLE about the ranger! So you guys are out cleaning the forest doing the right thing, they were supposed to be there to clarify some new rules and then they surprise everyone and start writing tickets?!?! I don't get it man. I just don't get it. Haven't seen any talk of this on the Facebook group.

So more importantly. How does this place compare to mulberry / mill creek? I have only been once and didn't know my way around so I just rode gravel roads and crap...
Yea I was really disappointed in the Rangers - enough that I will write a letter to my state rep about it.

I like buckhorn - I got lucky to go ride with someone who knows their way around (you know him) and he took two of us down to where the moonshiner cave was and showed me the entrance to a couple other good trails. It is crazy that A state park with cabins and campground is what 6 miles away and if you stayed there you would have to trailer to the trailhead. They are working on an additional 35miles (I think) that are on the opposite side of where the current trails are soon.

I think the best time to ride is in the fall or late winter, the cliffs are so pretty but covered when the leaves are out.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A couple I snagged from FB as well
IMG 0219
IMG 0218

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yea I was really disappointed in the Rangers - enough that I will write a letter to my state rep about it.

I like buckhorn - I got lucky to go ride with someone who knows their way around (you know him) and he took two of us down to where the moonshiner cave was and showed me the entrance to a couple other good trails. It is crazy that A state park with cabins and campground is what 6 miles away and if you stayed there you would have to trailer to the trailhead. They are working on an additional 35miles (I think) that are on the opposite side of where the current trails are soon.

I think the best time to ride is in the fall or late winter, the cliffs are so pretty but covered when the leaves are out.
I'll say too - buckhorn is a good all day ride where with Mulberry/ mill creek there is more options to extend.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Wow!!! What a cool place @Ragnar406, Ive got to see that.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Just posting that the Trail cleanup for Buckhorn was moved to May 13th due to the rain we received last weekend. Once they update all the details / schedule of events I will post here as well. Just getting the date on the board for now
Where is Buckhorn, are there facilities with this trail system?

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where is Buckhorn, are there facilities with this trail system?
It is near Devils Den state park. There are no camping spots but primitive on the location but Devils Den is not that far away - but you would have to trailer to the trail head. It is a beautiful place - better seen after the leaves are off the trees. The site has a lot more trails that they are working on making legal and along with building a trail from the park to the trail system.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
It is near Devils Den state park. There are no camping spots but primitive on the location but Devils Den is not that far away - but you would have to trailer to the trail head. It is a beautiful place - better seen after the leaves are off the trees. The site has a lot more trails that they are working on making legal and along with building a trail from the park to the trail system.
Oh ok, even closer too. I don't mind primitive camping at the right time of year. Leaf fall is good. Thank you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!