drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Took a ride on the mine road this morning looking for Taliban. Nothing at all. Came back to the garage and removed both ends of the sway bar. Going to try is on my hill. If it doesn't scare me s***less, I'll be ok everywhere else.
20161122 115451 001

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Took a ride on the mine road this morning looking for Taliban. Nothing at all. Came back to the garage and removed both ends of the sway bar. Going to try is on my hill. If it doesn't scare me s***less, I'll be ok everywhere else.
View attachment 27076
Haha cool join the club brother! I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised just like I was!

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can't tell if the ol Doc still has some left over resentment toward his old Rzr or if he's scared of how much he'd love Fox shocks on the Pioneer. Lol
Ok, honestly, any improvement I would be for but you have to weigh cost vs outcome. The money for shocks is way, way over what you get out of them in my opinion. Good set of tires is cost effective, shocks nope.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Ok, honestly, any improvement I would be for but you have to weigh cost vs outcome. The money for shocks is way, way over what you get out of them in my opinion. Good set of tires is cost effective, shocks nope.
I can't speak for a 1000 but I can on the 700. If the difference is the same on both I'll be getting another set when I upgrade to a 1000 eventually. No bottoming out, smoother ride, more wheel travel, better cornering, etc... I agree that the cost does suck but I hope it is a stock option by the time I'm ready ;)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
I know you said something Saturday about bottoming out. I guess it's a possibility with any shock but I've never done that with mine. I don't need better cornering, at 2-5 mph over rocks and through mud it's holds it's line pretty good..lol:)
The 1000 may be better stock but my 700 had a problem bottoming out when hitting a hole I didn't see. Not a big hole either just a little hole would jar my teeth! I'm right there with you as I'm sure you could tell by my riding. The crew I run with do almost exclusively rocks and technical stuff. The cornering I was referring to is like the road we took to the trail. My 700 had me very cautious about accelerating through turns, it felt very top heavy. With the shock change that pretty much vanished... It sounds like the 1000 is better equipped in stock form, which is a very good thing. Trust me, I'd much rather NOT have to shuck out the money for Fox.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
My 1000 doesn't bottom out as bad as the 700 but it still does. The highlifter helped the 1000 but the fox will help lots more. The 700 nearly totally quit afterwards someday soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That's by far the meanest thing you've ever said to me! Hondasxs are you hearing this? Did someone piss in you're lucky charms this morning Drf?
If @drfubar hates lights lifts and suspension mods, he's really going to hate my alligator seats, ostrich steering wheel and mink floor mats. Oh I almost forgot leather headliner too!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
If @drfubar hates lights lifts and suspension mods, he's really going to hate my alligator seats, ostrich steering wheel and mink floor mats.

Oh no you didn't! So you just did mods that didn't change the vehicle but you changed it to suit your wants? You know I'll love it! You'd think Drf would to considering all those rattle cans he buys but I'm sure you'll be on the s*** list too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement