Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One time back a long time ago when it was just me and you riding the Bull, I needed some tools and you bailed me out. I've carried a tool box ever since. I used to keep them in the truck as we usually don't get to far away from it but it's better to carry them with us.

So I learned just like you did with the saw.

Glockmeister bailed us out with an 3/8" extension too. I've got to add that to the box now.
I kept a toolbox in there for a while but as we all know... complacency breeds laziness. After so many uneventful trips, stuff gets left behind.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Stop here in Arkansas on the way

Post your new and approved tool selection when you get it assembled..
Tool selection for a Honda usually isn't very hard. They standardize alot of stuff. Pretty much guaranteed engine or frame mounts are gonna take a 14mm, brake components 12mm, accessories usually 10mm, etc etc. I'll post an inventory of what I'm packing soon as I'm done with it.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I know I'm on the outside looking in but mainly a chainsaw, beer, gas, hubcap,spare tire and a couple extra things for DGann (because he rides so damn hard) should just about cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know I'm on the outside looking in but mainly a chainsaw, beer, gas, hubcap,spare tire and a couple extra things for DGann (because he rides so damn hard) should just about cover it.

That reminds me. I need to redesign my spare tire carrier so spare sits in the center. Had to remove it cause it blocked tail lights. Cops don't like that on the road lol

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think we could plan better and save weight if we designate people to bring specific items. I don't mind bringing the toolbox since I've got it set up for just about anything and Delton has the chainsaw thing covered.

Signature:

QUOTE by Sharp, Where's Don? He's probably spray painting stuff lmfao!
That's a good idea if we can be organized. Lol I brought the beer and a medical bag last time because I knew I was going to be riding with crazy folks.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tool selection for a Honda usually isn't very hard. They standardize alot of stuff. Pretty much guaranteed engine or frame mounts are gonna take a 14mm, brake components 12mm, accessories usually 10mm, etc etc. I'll post an inventory of what I'm packing soon as I'm done with it.
I brought some tools, but probably not enough - I have the basics covered though. Need to breakdown and get a chainsaw...

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
I brought some tools, but probably not enough - I have the basics covered though. Need to breakdown and get a chainsaw...
Tool list for Honda bikes. I also threw in a ball joint press - didn't have it last time some one (@JACKAL ) had front end issues. This is sufficient to drop the steering rack on the trail. Or disassemble a Honda bike along the side of the trail.

img950494-1-jpg.27174

I use a canvas tool roll to hold it all. I like this because it is very compact and the tools don't rattle or clink on the trail. They are a little spendy but it is quality stuff made in the USA like my Hondas.

SportRoll - Adventure Tool Company

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My box had that covered pretty well. Few other items off top of my head would be hammer, cable ties (zip ties), rags, roll of Gorilla tape, small prybar, tire plug kit, and small cheater bar. Also had a small tube of grease. I used wheel bearing grease since in a pinch it will cover most needs (water proofing, filling torn CV boot, etc). I liked my box due to being water proof (helps when creek riding cause Don likes to slash people lol). Box has some small snap on compartments that I kept asst bolts, nuts, cotter pins, etc in. I'm sure there's stuff I left out but that's a good start.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
One item I can say I've yet to forget to bring is my jump box. Front of bed on passenger side is it's reserved spot. It has a decent air compressor, light, USB charger and even a 110v outlet (to charge our radios).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just remembered a biggie! That CO2 powered bead sealer (what I call it anyways). Maybe @joeymt33 can repost some details on it. Hard to believe someone hasn't popped a bead on those rocks yet. I blew one off not too long ago riding with Don. No way I was reseating that tire though. It had a ton of mud in it (Don and I together barely got it in bed of my rig)

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
One item I can say I've yet to forget to bring is my jump box. Front of bed on passenger side is it's reserved spot. It has a decent air compressor, light, USB charger and even a 110v outlet (to charge our radios).

I have one of those and that thing is pretty sweet. I've used it several times!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It doesn't have be inverter and compressor like Delton's but it fits in the glove box.

F487a923c4492bccdc53afe028aebb9f

I carry the CO2 and a compressor in my tool box. Maybe a small inverter wouldn't be a bad idea.

advertisement