Bull Run ride

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used my CO2 this past weekend. Pulled up to the peanut butter hole and was immediately asked for an air compressor and zip ties. Used the CO2 tank to air up a truck tire (he had popped the bead) and gave a bike rider 2 zip ties to hold his seat on.
No one had seen the CO2 tanks in action before.
I couldn't believe there were half a dozen vehicles there and no one had a compressor or zip ties.
It felt good to be prepared.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used my CO2 this past weekend. Pulled up to the peanut butter hole and was immediately asked for an air compressor and zip ties. Used the CO2 tank to air up a truck tire (he had popped the bead) and gave a bike rider 2 zip ties to hold his seat on.
No one had seen the CO2 tanks in action before.
I couldn't believe there were half a dozen vehicles there and no one had a compressor or zip ties.
It felt good to be prepared.
thankfully no one needed a chainsaw... I would have had to call @Delton !lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It doesn't have be inverter and compressor like Delton's but it fits in the glove box.

View attachment 27203

I carry the CO2 and a compressor in my tool box. Maybe a small inverter wouldn't be a bad idea.
That's a cool jump box and a real space saver (priceless with these rigs lol). Personally I think I'd rather have this one and a CO2 setup. My compressor would only help if you had a low tire. No way it'd seal a bead.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
I've used a ratchet strap a bunch of times around a truck tire to help push the bead out. Could probably use a winch cable also. Would be nice to have an excel or word doc sticky with a master tool list. Other things I had I didn't see mentioned was needle nose, dikes, picks, magnet, 2 hammers & lug wrench.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ratchet strap and any fluid works just fine. However when in a hurry I still say flammable material and a match but I guess you can't suggest that to just anyone.

Last edited:
DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
IMG 1110
Finally got the pioneer cleaned up and ready for the next ride!!!!

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've used a ratchet strap a bunch of times around a truck tire to help push the bead out. Could probably use a winch cable also. Would be nice to have an excel or word doc sticky with a master tool list. Other things I had I didn't see mentioned was needle nose, dikes, picks, magnet, 2 hammers & lug wrench.

I just updated at the end... there's a lot of good info there in that thread.

What's in your tool bag?

What's in your tool bag?

advertisement
Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A few of us were talking about the SPOT satellite tracking system last weekend. I've had a couple of them in the past in my motorcycling days, just ordered the SPOT Gen 3 and it looks like it's the best yet, by far. I know that @drfubar has used these as well... If things go sideways while you are deep in the woods, it could be a life saver! If things are not life and death, you can use it to notify someone that you are in trouble and give them your exact location.

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
A few of us were talking about the SPOT satellite tracking system last weekend. I've had a couple of them in the past in my motorcycling days, just ordered the SPOT Gen 3 and it looks like it's the best yet, by far. I know that @drfubar has used these as well... If things go sideways while you are deep in the woods, it could be a life saver! If things are not life and death, you can use it to notify someone that you are in trouble and give them your exact location.
Your giving that credit card a workout today. ;)

Amazon?

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Your giving that credit card a workout today. ;)

Amazon?
Actually Cabela's on-line has the best price by a long shot! The device is $75, but there is an annual service charge - worth every single penny if you need it just one time! Besides, it's portable so you can use it anytime, making it an even better value!

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Actually Cabela's on-line has the best price by a long shot! The device is $75, but there is an annual service charge - worth every single penny if you need it just one time! Besides, it's portable so you can use it anytime, making it an even better value!
Thanks pal, I will check them out! Sounds like a good thing to have along.

Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Hi any of you guys in Tennessee, if you have any need of a place for your self dew to the fires around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. I'm in Mississippi but if anyone is in need of a plase to stay for a few days u are welcome to my house. My adress is 2025 Hwy 472 Hazlehurst ms. My Ph # 601 320 8501. I'm Gregory and I would like to help in any way I can.

J

JTW

Hi any of you guys in Tennessee, if you have any need of a place for your self dew to the fires around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. I'm in Mississippi but if anyone is in need of a plase to stay for a few days u are welcome to my house. My adress is 2025 Hwy 472 Hazlehurst ms. My Ph # 601 320 8501. I'm Gregory and I would like to help in any way I can.
Looks like a good opportunity for a man seeking man Craigslist ad.. "call between 1 & 5am." :eek:
Lmao... good thing I like you!
But good news... I think those guys are getting rain.

advertisement