Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With all this rain, bull run would be awesome to ride now!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was thinking. I wonder if the wife would notice I was gone?? Lol. May have to see about sneaking off for a couple hours and squeezing in a couple laps around the loop.

cschomber63

cschomber63

Nov 14, 2016
Beloit
Hi any of you guys in Tennessee, if you have any need of a place for your self dew to the fires around Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge. I'm in Mississippi but if anyone is in need of a plase to stay for a few days u are welcome to my house. My adress is 2025 Hwy 472 Hazlehurst ms. My Ph # 601 320 8501. I'm Gregory and I would like to help in any way I can.

That's so kind of you!

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi guys l'm atemting to be a good Samaritan with this families in the Tennessee area that was afected by the ricent fires, the other crap can wait till you have at least bought me a beer.;)
That's a very kind gesture man. Luckily we were spared from the fires. Closest they came was about 45 mins away (which is still too close for my comfort).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Guys I got a nagging suspicion our good times riding the Bull may be numbered, at least to some degree. Guy at work Sunday told me a conservation group was taking over the mudholes and was gonna make it off limits to vehicles. I went there couple hours ago and there's signs saying you have to have some kinda type 2 permit. I didn't go any further. I'm betting it has something to do with all the beer bottles I've seen last few times there. It'd be a real shame to lose such a great riding area.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The long access road coming from community center is nothing but mud! Did quite a few donuts and little drifting. I did a lap on the loop and it's still dry as a bone. Went down rock hill and that's where I seen those signs. Went back up the hill (barely). Took me several attempts to make it over that one spot. Left alot of cool black marks on the rocks lol.
IMG 20161129 133918267 1336x752

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Guys I got a nagging suspicion our good times riding the Bull may be numbered, at least to some degree. Guy at work Sunday told me a conservation group was taking over the mudholes and was gonna make it off limits to vehicles. I went there couple hours ago and there's signs saying you have to have some kinda type 2 permit. I didn't go any further. I'm betting it has something to do with all the beer bottles I've seen last few times there. It'd be a real shame to lose such a great riding area.

We have that same problem here some places. Good you guys are doing your part picking up after ass holes. Hopefully they don't do anything drastic

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I'm optimistic but nothing good ever comes from a wildlife management takeover

Unfortunately I agree. People ruin things for others but hopefully they are just evaluating the area and nothing comes of it.

advertisement
J

JTW

The long access road coming from community center is nothing but mud! Did quite a few donuts and little drifting. I did a lap on the loop and it's still dry as a bone. Went down rock hill and that's where I seen those signs. Went back up the hill (barely). Took me several attempts to make it over that one spot. Left alot of cool black marks on the rocks lol.View attachment 27467
Well crap.. I thought you all would surly by the rain we did.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man that sucks! And yes it only takes a couple morons to screw up everyone's good time:mad:. From what I have seen when a state of federal entity steps in is usually not a good sign. Hopefully this is not the case here.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Man that sucks! And yes it only takes a couple morons to screw up everyone's good time:mad:. From what I have seen when a state of federal entity steps in is usually not a good sign. Hopefully this is not the case here.
You and me both. This area would be devastated it those trails were shut down. Luckily alot of it is privately owned logging operation so that may be our saving grace.
There's a new place just recently opened up between here and Scottsboro at the Circle E ranch. Haven't heard any reviews though. I also had a fb friend post some videos of riding at the Gulf that looked good. Some great rock climbing. Gonna have to bear down and investigate that area again. I'm gonna message him to see if he will give a guided tour sometime.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nothing like being woke up by the weather alarm on your phone. Tornado warning in effect for next 20 mins. I got dressed and sitting by back door listening for the wind and watching the lightning show.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
You can look up the GIS maps and locate the owners of the property. I did some looking to after your post. Looked like local people owned the property around where me and @joeymt33 parked. Was a big area to the east, like 12,000 acres that was commercial owned. Another big parcel to the west.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You and me both. This area would be devastated it those trails were shut down. Luckily alot of it is privately owned logging operation so that may be our saving grace.
There's a new place just recently opened up between here and Scottsboro at the Circle E ranch. Haven't heard any reviews though. I also had a fb friend post some videos of riding at the Gulf that looked good. Some great rock climbing. Gonna have to bear down and investigate that area again. I'm gonna message him to see if he will give a guided tour sometime.
Gulf? you on that one again? lol. I don't think there is anywhere to ride in that area.

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It would really suck if that great riding area was screwed up by idiots who can afford a $15K to $20K machine but not a garbage bag, pisses me right off! Surrounded by mouth breathers...

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I went there yesterday in my truck ( my other red 4wd). Got ran off by a very polite redneck with a really big gun. He was nice so I was too. They are supposed to put up gates and signs telling everybody where we can or can't go. I told him that would really help. Did manage to get in some really good mud though. She don't crawl over rocks like my p1k, but it's damn close lol.

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I went there yesterday in my truck ( my other red 4wd). Got ran off by a very polite redneck with a really big gun. He was nice so I was too. They are supposed to put up gates and signs telling everybody where we can or can't go. I told him that would really help. Did manage to get in some really good mud though. She don't crawl over rocks like my p1k, but it's damn close lol.
Sounds like it will never be like it was

Reactions: DGann and Delton
advertisement