GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I do too. Think it's gonna be my favorite. Especially with a winch on it. With 4" taken out, should look like it's made for it. @GlockMeister I sure hope you got more of those bumpers. Might be some interest in them lol
I got a couple... that was the straightest one . Gonna see how yours comes out..may be building my own:)

Reactions: DGann and Tigermark
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With a rear mount winch you could make a sling like a wrecker. Would have to brace the heck out of your bumper but I think I could be made to work.
Overlook the crudeness but this was kinda my idea with the A-frame. The bottom secured to bumper and swivels. Top is supported by cables or some thick sling material that I already have. Then mount a block at top of frame for winch cable to run through. When you put pressure on Derek's front bumper (sorry man I had to lol), it will pull out on top of frame and slings will support the weight. My bumper should be sticking out far enough for front tires of Don's rig (snicker) to rest on bumper. And off we go!!!
IMG 20161208 195633631 751x1335

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Overlook the crudeness but this was kinda my idea with the A-frame. The bottom secured to bumper and swivels. Top is supported by cables or some thick sling material that I already have. Then mount a block at top of frame for winch cable to run through. When you put pressure on Derek's front bumper (sorry man I had to lol), it will pull out on top of frame and slings will support the weight. My bumper should be sticking out far enough for front tires of Don's rig (snicker) to rest on bumper. And off we go!!!
View attachment 28040
That should work too.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you see the pic I posted of the wrecker sling post# 2690

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Warmed the old girl up to normal temps and it ran fine. No smoke but still has that smell. Honestly I'm thinking it may be the horse poop lol. Seriously. I think at first it arc'd from the water intrusion. Then after me blowing it off with leaf blower it was fine mechanically. The rest of the smoke and smell was horse manure. Cause believe me there was alot in there lol. Anyways, I'm still mad at it. I give her the best maint possible. And this is how I'm treated? We gonna settle this on some rocks or a hill. Really really steep hill.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you see the pic I posted of the wrecker sling post# 2690
Yessir I did but don't understand how it works. Can you break it down so a simpleton like me can understand? Btw I wasn't ignoring the pic nor the suggestion. I always keep an open mind and welcome suggestions (even in the form of Don's criticism lol).

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Reactions: GlockMeister
DGann

DGann

Dec 20, 2015
Russellville Alabama
That hill was gnawing at me as well for a couple weeks. I finally got it out of my system. When you get a free day during the week, holler at me. Hopefully Derek can get off too. We will go jump on it off limits or not. When does deer season end?

You set a day and I can see if I can work around my work schedule, should be able to, I would love to conquer that hill or die trying!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

advertisement
GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yessir I did but don't understand how it works. Can you break it down so a simpleton like me can understand? Btw I wasn't ignoring the pic nor the suggestion. I always keep an open mind and welcome suggestions (even in the form of Don's criticism lol).
I know bud.... works basically like what you have drawn up . Give me a second I'll draw it up. I'm terrible at explaining things

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You set a day and I can see if I can work around my work schedule, should be able to, I would love to conquer that hill or die trying!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man I'm good from Mon thru Thurs. Just depends on y'all. Whenever you or Joey can go. I been wanting to beat on mine a little for that electrical problem. And that's the perfect opportunity lol

Reactions: DGann and joeymt33
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know bud.... works basically like what you have drawn up . Give me a second I'll draw it up. I'm terrible at explaining things
Me either! That's why I resort to 1st grade level drawings lol

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
We goo

You gonna have to find me one also. :)
I think one from a 2nd gen S10 would look awesome. Only they have the triangle shaped plastic pieces on the ends that'd be hard to match up. Y'all Google some rear bumpers and find crap you like. I can make almost anything work

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T-bar with sling attached goes up against the bumper. There are hooks welded on the end of the T-bar ,run chain around a arms on vehicle in tow ,chain hooks to T-bar, rubber belting cradles front of vehicle ,winch up, cable runs through pulley/snatch block attached to roll bar. Vehicle I'm tow raises.
Clear as mudo_O

Reactions: CumminsPusher
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
T-bar with sling attached goes up against the bumper. There are hooks welded on the end of the T-bar ,run chain around a arms on vehicle in tow ,chain hooks to T-bar, rubber belting cradles front of vehicle ,winch up, cable runs through pulley/snatch block attached to roll bar. Vehicle I'm tow raises.
Clear as mudo_O
Okay I kinda sorta get it. Sounds like the 2 are very similar. Next chance you get see how the sling works up against your pioneer frontend. We got plenty of time to figure something out. At least until Derek gets off work to ride again lmao. It'd be peace of mind knowing we have a de sent way to get people out of the woods. That way the wild people can get even wilder lol.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Actually we don't have plenty of time....cause this idea is growing on my brain like a friggin cancer lol. I know me. And it's just gonna grow and grow until I do something about it lol. Wish I had another pioneer to use for a model. I do have an old John Deere 4wheeler (Can Ain't made). Guess the principle is still the same.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Actually we don't have plenty of time....cause this idea is growing on my brain like a friggin cancer lol. I know me. And it's just gonna grow and grow until I do something about it lol. Wish I had another pioneer to use for a model. I do have an old John Deere 4wheeler (Can Ain't made). Guess the principle is still the same.

Haha, "I know me".

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know what you mean... it's got me racking my brain now too. I'll try and get something mocked up and take some pics.

advertisement