Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@GlockMeister just to be kinda clear, the T-bar pivots as tow is lifted right? Cable is attached to top of sling? Sling acts kinda like a buffer for movement you get from tow vehicle? If so then it'd work like the slings I planned for top of A-frame. There's gonna be alot of movement if we are back in places like where Dgann broke lol. Guess it'll help these things have some weight in the back. Wonder how much weight we are talking with frontend up in the air? Those self leveling shocks will sure help. I've never loaded mine enough to even see them in action lol.

PioneerPete

PioneerPete

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2016
Chattanooga, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hey now mud hater or not I got nothing but mad props for somebody that puts one of these on its side. I want to ride on some of those trails.
There's an Aetna Mountain Adventure just waiting for you here in Chattanooga @Delton !lol
Honda Roll at AMA Johnboy

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There's an Aetna Mountain Adventure just waiting for you here in Chattanooga @Delton !lol
View attachment 28066
Oh I know man!! Didn't say I wanted to follow suit lol. That place is on my bucket list trust me. Just gotta figure out how to get up there on the weekend (without losing my job). We are off the 24th and 25th, but got that Christmas thing to do lol. Then we work 8days straight 12hrs each. No New Years celebrating for me.

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@GlockMeister just to be kinda clear, the T-bar pivots as tow is lifted right? Cable is attached to top of sling? Sling acts kinda like a buffer for movement you get from tow vehicle? If so then it'd work like the slings I planned for top of A-frame. There's gonna be alot of movement if we are back in places like where Dgann broke lol. Guess it'll help these things have some weight in the back. Wonder how much weight we are talking with frontend up in the air? Those self leveling shocks will sure help. I've never loaded mine enough to even see them in action lol.
Bingo! I got to thinking though with a traditional kind of sling it'll make the front end really lite. Your idea I think will work better. Putting the rig in tow closer to back and keeping more weight on the front. Steering seems kind of important at times..

Last edited:
Reactions: Dp5hunter and DGann
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X4
Hey now mud hater or not I got nothing but mad props for somebody that puts one of these on its side. I want to ride on some of those trails.
It isn't very hard to do, especially when loaded heavy. I just seem to find the tipping point, mainly because the slow speeds won't tear up much. Mine seems to go over easier than it should, that's just me.

I don't care for mud mainly due to the extensive clean up afterwards.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It isn't very hard to do, especially when loaded heavy. I just seem to find the tipping point, mainly because the slow speeds won't tear up much. Mine seems to go over easier than it should, that's just me.

I don't care for mud mainly due to the extensive clean up afterwards.
After a 2 hour cleanup from spending less than 30mins doing mud/horse crap donuts couple days ago, I'm leaning towards agreeing with you lol. I admit I have a phobia towards mine rolling over (@drfubar and @joeymt33 can both attest to that). Sometimes I think the cure would be to go ahead and roll that pig and get it outta my system. One of these days I want to take that ride y'all did. It's on ye ole bucket list.

advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bingo! I got to thinking though with a traditional kind of sling it'll make the front end really lite. Your idea I think will work better. Putting the rig in tow closer to back and keeping more weight on the front. Steering seems kind of important at times..
My idea wasn't to just get it close to tow vehicle. I'm thinking best to have them touching. Maybe rest front wheels on the bumper maybe?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
After a 2 hour cleanup from spending less than 30mins doing mud/horse crap donuts couple days ago, I'm leaning towards agreeing with you lol. I admit I have a phobia towards mine rolling over (@drfubar and @joeymt33 can both attest to that). Sometimes I think the cure would be to go ahead and roll that pig and get it outta my system. One of these days I want to take that ride y'all did. It's on ye ole bucket list.
Rolling over with seat belt on is surprisingly euphoric! Keeps your heart young.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When you tip over it feels like your in slow motion. Kinda weird

nbomar

nbomar

Lifetime Member
Oct 11, 2015
Springdale, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rolling over with seat belt on is surprisingly euphoric! Keeps your heart young.

You must have never flipped violently. It's not even fun in suspension seats with 5 point harnesses in. I've been careflighted 3 times to many and don't care to do it again. Rubber side down.

I used to think I was invincible. I've since grown up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You are so right about the heart young thing. I'm terrified of heights (yeah yeah what ISNT Delton scared of right?) So you'd think I'd avoid the high rides at amusement parks right? Nope. Used to go to Six Flags in GA every August with my dragracing buddies. Superman is my all time favorite ride. Scares the tee total bejeesus out of me every time. First time I thought wife was gonna call the EMTs cause I was shaking uncontrollably lol (it's funny now). Few rides later somebody yells what's next? Superman screams Delton lol. I like the pucker factor. One of the reasons I enjoy riding with Joey so much (mainly cause he's just one super cool dude to hang with. All our bunch is super cool.).

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You must have never flipped violently. It's not even fun in suspension seats with 5 point harnesses in. I've been careflighted 3 times to many and don't care to do it again. Rubber side down.

Not many places on the Bull Run to roll violently. It's more of a crawling "dang I can't believe this thing made it over/through that" kinda experience. The ER hill experience could be the exception. If rig slides left and rolls.....it's not gonna be slow motion unless a huge tree is gracious enough to get in your way lol. And it's not gonna be quick either. The phrase "marathon roll" comes to mind. Looking forward to the attempt though.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Even my wife enjoyed rolling mine, but only bc the kids weren't in there. Otherwise there would have been another panic attack like the take over last year.
She didn't really look like she was having fun last year at Takeover. I apologize again for being such a hermit. Should've let her and my wife hang out. Might've helped. Women like that "strength in numbers" kinda thing. Especially if they're ganging up on guys lol

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV

Ok though big difference between what you've done and what I was talking. A simple tip over isn't a concern. We've tipped onto the side several times and it just sits there. Now if you're doing 60 and hit the ditch and go over that's totally different! Speed kills!a simple tip is sometimes par for the trail

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
You are so right about the heart young thing. I'm terrified of heights (yeah yeah what ISNT Delton scared of right?) So you'd think I'd avoid the high rides at amusement parks right? Nope. Used to go to Six Flags in GA every August with my dragracing buddies. Superman is my all time favorite ride. Scares the tee total bejeesus out of me every time. First time I thought wife was gonna call the EMTs cause I was shaking uncontrollably lol (it's funny now). Few rides later somebody yells what's next? Superman screams Delton lol. I like the pucker factor. One of the reasons I enjoy riding with Joey so much (mainly cause he's just one super cool dude to hang with. All our bunch is super cool.).

I'm afraid of heights too but do love the coasters same as you

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement