swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Header wrap seems to work good on heavier wall "Thickness" piping but on thinner header the heat breaks the metal down or transfers the heat elsewhere for other problems. This is just my opinion and I read others posts and others have stated this.
I said Honda better not use that as a fix,They're heat issue is a design flaw that's needs attention. Your dogs azz should not burn from going for a ride.
I also should state that I did read others have done headers with not problems yet

CTDpower

CTDpower

Jul 21, 2016
Gypsum, Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When I was wiring my 2017 I noticed a whole lot of heat shielding around the exhaust. Seemed to be more than I remember on the 2016 I had before. Didn't have both to compare side by side. I know my 2017 does have the "seat heat fix" with the rubber sheet under the seat and extra foam and junk. It also has the deflector off of the radiator fan. I just assumed they added more shielding around the exhaust too. Now it makes me wonder if they really did...

Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well, I got the rig back today nearly two weeks later. I got a new rear floorboard and they applied a insulation barrier to the underside of the floor. Sure hope this works...

They ran diagnostics from data pulled from the ECM...normal. They pulled plugs (installed new plugs) and the plugs were actually running a bit rich, which surprised me being fuel injected, newer FI stuff usually runs lean...normal. Nowhere did they find any reason for it to burn a hole in the floor.

I looked under and there is plenty of clearance between the pipe and the floor and lots of shielding.

Time will tell...sure hope it doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!