P1000m5 Buying a 2017 1000-5 Deluxe...Help

Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am looking at a 1000-5 Deluxe from a dealer used with 500 miles. It comes with a split windshield, winch, LED headlights, hard roof, soft enclosure all around, and a heater. They are looking for $17k out the door.

What type of things should I lookout for? Are there any things I should know about or things that I need to check at the dealer? Outside of your typical ball joints, CV boots, etc, what do I really need to look at? Is 17k to much with all the accessories?

I appreciate any input!

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
its worth about 13k. Hell you can buy a brand new one for 15k. With 500 miles or 2000 miles the used price is the same.

Reactions: JenElio and Isaiah
Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no idea where your finding a new 1000-5 Deluxe for 15k, there are 15 machines in stock within 100 miles of me and the lowest price is 17k plus doc fees. Then I need a roof and winch at a bare minimum.

I can get them down to 16k out the door, I’m just looking for why I should look out for in the machine when I go back to pick it up. Test drive was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, they are doing the 500 mile service and then it’s ready for me to go finalize

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not too much over my local prices.
500 miles just isn’t anything on these machines. Oil will be changed so no indicator there.
Look for deep water or mud running-intake under hood pop seat with center lever look closely and way up underneath, moisture in headlights.That stuff is harder on a machine. Heavily sratched roll cage. Banged up nurf bars, that sort of thing. Does it have original tires? What kinda condition are they in. Bolts or clips out of place.
Truthfully these have become really dependable machines for the masses after all the updates and some abuse can be covered so it’s hard to tell a bit but I wouldn’t worry too much. Unless it’s a machine I’ve owned lol.
Btw welcome to the club.

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have no idea where your finding a new 1000-5 Deluxe for 15k, there are 15 machines in stock within 100 miles of me and the lowest price is 17k plus doc fees. Then I need a roof and winch at a bare minimum.

I can get them down to 16k out the door, I’m just looking for why I should look out for in the machine when I go back to pick it up. Test drive was fine, nothing out of the ordinary, they are doing the 500 mile service and then it’s ready for me to go finalize
Guess that depends on your location and if you are willing to travel. YES, you can buy a new one for $15K. In 10/17, I bought new '18 P1K5D for $14.6K OTD.

Reactions: groundup and Isaiah
Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I am looking at a 1000-5 Deluxe from a dealer used with 500 miles. It comes with a split windshield, winch, LED headlights, hard roof, soft enclosure all around, and a heater. They are looking for $17k out the door.

What type of things should I lookout for? Are there any things I should know about or things that I need to check at the dealer? Outside of your typical ball joints, CV boots, etc, what do I really need to look at? Is 17k to much with all the accessories?

I appreciate any input!
I don't know. That seems a little high, but it does have $1500 worth of extra stuff on it. Be sure and check for high water marks like CP said. Good luck

Reactions: Isaiah and JenElio
Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input guys, now I have some ammo when I head back to sign the paperwork. Maybe I can get a new set of times and some helmets for the 3 kids tossed into the deal!

I do remember when I dumped the bed, the top of the engine was very clean, the air intake has the “upgraded” cover and all 3 of the recalls have been taken care of. The back seats look like they were never used and the backs of the seats in the rear show some use. Given the fact that it has a heater and full enclosure I’m thinking this was someone’s farm machine.

@BigOL3 I looked and debated on traveling, but couldn’t really find anything within 500 miles of me worth the trip

Last edited:
BigOL3

BigOL3

Lifetime Member
Oct 27, 2017
Deep in the heart of Dixie, Kentwood, La.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input guys, now I have some ammo when I head back to sign the paperwork. Maybe I can get a new set of times and some helmets for the 3 kids tossed into the deal!

I do remember when I dumped the bed, the top of the engine was very clean, the air intake has the “upgraded” cover and all 3 of the recalls have been taken care of. The back seats look like they were never used and the backs of the seats in the rear show some use. Given the fact that it has a heater and full enclosure I’m thinking this was someone’s farm machine.

@BigOL3 I looked and debated on traveling, but couldn’t really find anything within 500 miles of me worth the trip
LOL ..... no, I doubt if a 500 mile limitation would get you into a territory with 'deals'.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Got any pics? Sounds like it is in good shape, but it's easy to clean the top of the engine. When you test drive it, make sure you put it in Low and accelerate hard to make sure it doesn't pop out of gear. A lot of people try to shift them while the machine is moving (or the cable is way out of adjustment) and round off the gear dogs. Make sure it goes into Low easily without any grinding and displays the L on the dash.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV

Just saw you bought it in the other thread :). Congrats!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Well s***! Congratulations from me as well

Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Got any pics? Sounds like it is in good shape, but it's easy to clean the top of the engine. When you test drive it, make sure you put it in Low and accelerate hard to make sure it doesn't pop out of gear. A lot of people try to shift them while the machine is moving (or the cable is way out of adjustment) and round off the gear dogs. Make sure it goes into Low easily without any grinding and displays the L on the dash.

This is the only one I have right now. We have to head back down and pick it up after they service and go through it “top to bottom”. When I drive it then I will test the Low gear. I appreciate it!

852532E8 E3FE 4767 9C65 1183D8440FC8

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
This is the only one I have right now. We have to head back down and pick it up after they service and go through it “top to bottom”. When I drive it then I will test the Low gear. I appreciate it!

View attachment 208173
Get trailer pick. It’ll be the cleanest it’ll ever be again, also naked before you get that costly itch that effects most of us.

Plante11

Plante11

Jun 14, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks everyone! We decided to pull the trigger, there’s nothing closer to us in the Northeast that fits our wants/needs. Let’s see what arrives first, the Pioneer, or the things I’ve found on this forum that I’ve convinced the wife we need

S

stonerkirk4

Jun 28, 2020
US
Where can I buy one in the us for 15k i will buy it tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Isaiah
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Not too much over my local prices.
500 miles just isn’t anything on these machines. Oil will be changed so no indicator there.
Look for deep water or mud running-intake under hood pop seat with center lever look closely and way up underneath, moisture in headlights.That stuff is harder on a machine. Heavily sratched roll cage. Banged up nurf bars, that sort of thing. Does it have original tires? What kinda condition are they in. Bolts or clips out of place.
Truthfully these have become really dependable machines for the masses after all the updates and some abuse can be covered so it’s hard to tell a bit but I wouldn’t worry too much. Unless it’s a machine I’ve owned lol.
Btw welcome to the club.
Sounds to me like you are running down Rooster, HA!

Reactions: Isaiah

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!