P500 Buying a new P500, I want to put my 30x9x14 BKT'S on.

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Hello Everyone
I'm buying a new P500 want to put my 30x9x14 BKT'S on. What do I need to do this. Please in detail.

Thank you in advance!

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
I don't know, but I would start looking online for optimal lift kits as well as gear reduction kit. Curious, does 30" tires impact the warranty?

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
I don't know, but I would start looking online for optimal lift kits as well as gear reduction kit. Curious, does 30" tires impact the warranty?

Well if the Dealer knows you have them on there maybe. That's why you keep your factory tires and rims and put them on when you go in for something. The dealership gets paid by Honda for warranty work. So if something fails that could be covered. Why wouldn't they want to fix it and get paid. As long as it isn't flat out obvious that after market products did the damage your good.

Last edited:
pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Steel rims are around $45 each, keep the stockers for putting it inside a low trailer or for warranty work... and the 30" tall tire has never left me needing more power. 1st gear can climb over a car, and up pretty much any hill now that I have a locker.

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Steel rims are around $45 each, keep the stockers for putting it inside a low trailer or for warranty work... and the 30" tall tire has never left me needing more power. 1st gear can climb over a car, and up pretty much any hill now that I have a locker.

So what did you have to do besides make the frame cut to run the 30's? Spacers? How tipsy is the P500 with the 30's on?

pFive

pFive

May 3, 2016
Greenwood IN
Ownership

1. 500
Ya gotta have 2" spacers in my opinion just to get close to the stock height to width ratio when running the tall tires. I ride a lot of hill country, hard trails with warnings and while the 54" width I am at makes it a challenge, I just need to choose a different line that a wide machine. Sometimes I have an advantage on the jeep ruts in swamp country because I can still grab the inside of the rut instead of falling down into it. If I can get forward arched arms I would go even taller, but I am weird like that.

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Im a deep mud bogger. Living in southern Louisiana we get the rain and have all kinds of different types of mud. I go through some deep uneven ruts in about 2 to 3 feet of water. A lot are dug out bad..lol My goal is not to flip over under water...hahahaa

LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
This is the bike Im running now (minus my decals.) They faded so I took them off. Those are the tires and rims I want to be able to run on the P500

20180622 155349

Reactions: Mudwing
LeoMachus

LeoMachus

Aug 23, 2018
Baton Rouge
Ownership

1. 500
Ya gotta have 2" spacers in my opinion just to get close to the stock height to width ratio when running the tall tires. I ride a lot of hill country, hard trails with warnings and while the 54" width I am at makes it a challenge, I just need to choose a different line that a wide machine. Sometimes I have an advantage on the jeep ruts in swamp country because I can still grab the inside of the rut instead of falling down into it. If I can get forward arched arms I would go even taller, but I am weird like that.
Did you have to do the grame mod for clearance ?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!