P500 Buying(potentially) a 2015 500 with 8,000 miles

B

Bramblue

Nov 13, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hi all!
I am going to be looking at a 2015 500 with 8,000 miles tomorrow. Is this too many? How reliable are these machines? Anything in particular I should know about these machines? Also, what do you think a fair price would be? It has a roof, windshield and new front tires.
Thank you!

Reactions: J80 and TripleB
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Just make sure it's been properly maintained, clean oil, air filter. Miles don't scare me off, I've seen rigs with tons of miles that looked & drove like new because they were cared for, on the flip side Craigslist/FaceCrack is full of low mile machines that have had the sh#t beat out of them and it shows. Let the machine tell you it's story.

..... and welcome aboard, stick around for a while, this is a great site with tons of info.

B

Bramblue

Nov 13, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. Big Red
Just make sure it's been properly maintained, clean oil, air filter. Miles don't scare me off, I've seen rigs with tons of miles that looked & drove like new because they were cared for, on the flip side Craigslist/FaceCrack is full of low mile machines that have had the sh#t beat out of them and it shows. Let the machine tell you it's story.

..... and welcome aboard, stick around for a while, this is a great site with tons of info.
Thank you! I will check for those things. Only other Honda I’ve owned is a big red! I’m drawn to the machine because I’m looking for something durable - the arctic cat trail I had prior was not reliable enough for me to keep it.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
Thank you! I will check for those things. Only other Honda I’ve owned is a big red! I’m drawn to the machine because I’m looking for something durable - the arctic cat trail I had prior was not reliable enough for me to keep it.
What problem did you have with the arctic cat?

Reactions: J80
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Hi all!
I am going to be looking at a 2015 500 with 8,000 miles tomorrow. Is this too many? How reliable are these machines? Anything in particular I should know about these machines? Also, what do you think a fair price would be? It has a roof, windshield and new front tires.
Thank you!
Price is usually based on your area market. Accessories don’t add and tires are needed. Like our Road Warrior says go through the bike and decide if you would pay what they ask and if you want it that bad. Is $4000 too high?

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Price is usually based on your area market. Accessories don’t add and tires are needed. Like our Road Warrior says go through the bike and decide if you would pay what they ask and if you want it that bad. Is $4000 too high?
This is what I was thinking as well, around here $4K-5K but condition is everything.

B

Bramblue

Nov 13, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. Big Red
This is what I was thinking as well, around here $4K-5K but condition is everything.
Thank you, if all is In good shape I was thinking of offering $5k. Side by sides are tough to find around here and seem to always command a premium. I’ll let you all know how it goes, I’m hoping it’s nice! I’ve been looking for a pioneer for a while.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Thank you, if all is In good shape I was thinking of offering $5k. Side by sides are tough to find around here and seem to always command a premium. I’ll let you all know how it goes, I’m hoping it’s nice! I’ve been looking for a pioneer for a while.
Hi
If your still looking I have 2017 Red 500 with 480 miles , Honda Roof , Honda Hard Coat Tilt windshield , 27IN. ITP WHEELS & MUDLITE Tiresplus some other acc.
PM me for more info & pictures.
I` m in central N.Y.
Selling now to get the NEW Pioneer 520 when they come out.
Regards PAPPYO

SOLD

Last edited:
B

Bramblue

Nov 13, 2020
Maine
Ownership

1. Big Red
Hi
If your still looking I have 2017 Red 500 with 480 miles , Honda Roof , Honda Hard Coat Tilt windshield , 27IN. ITP WHEELS & MUDLITE Tiresplus some other acc.
PM me for more info & pictures.
I` m in central N.Y.
Selling now to get the NEW Pioneer 520 when they come out.
Regards PAPPYO
I am,
I was going to to trade my snowmobile for this one - I suppose you don’t have any interest in a sled, do you?
-Brandon

S

Santa

Jul 30, 2018
Kimberly, WI
Ownership

1. 500
I have a 2017 that I bought used (820 miles) two years ago that had an EMP full windshield, EMP roof, Strongmade luggage rack, cover, Plano storage box, rear receiver ball hitch, and rear cab area Honda bag storage. It did not have a scratch on it. I paid $7100 from a dealer. It now has 6,370 miles on it with absolutely no problems other that that it uses about a quart of oil in 500 miles. I added Walker-Evans shocks (worth every over-priced penny-$1200), EMP side view mirror, Choog glove box, KFI winch mount and Badland winch, Tusk clear vinyl rear windshield, hand windshield wiper, Strongmade stick stoppers, Trigger heat shield and Harbor Freight horn. It is primarily ridden on gravel roads, woods trails and blacktop that make up the hundreds of miles of trails that we have in Northeastern Wisconsin north of Titletown (Green Bay). I consistently get 30+ mpg and absolutely love riding this fun machine. I am 75 years old and typically ride 130-150 miles in a day and am not sore. The seat is amazingly comfortable. Yes, left leg room leaves a bit to be desired, but I just bungee ball the door open and hang my left leg out when it gets a bit cramped. The only complaints that I have is the 39mph speed limiter, the excessive heat in the driver's area (Trigger shield helps) and the clunky auto shift. I use the manual paddle shift all of the time. What's the right price?? I don't know that, but I do think you will love riding this fun, dependable machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!