P1000m3 Cab Light

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
Does anyone have a very dim light in their cab just to help see in the dark while driving. I find that when im driving i cant see the controls at all. I'd like a very dim light just to make the dash visible at night. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ridem32
Ridem32

Ridem32

Apr 28, 2016
Terry
I agree we ya. It's very dark at nite in the cab. I'm going to add a lite but mine will have a switch to turn it off and on. So I can see in my cab. I don't want it on while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Elkhunter
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Does anyone have a very dim light in their cab just to help see in the dark while driving. I find that when im driving i cant see the controls at all. I'd like a very dim light just to make the dash visible at night. Any ideas?

Check out the thread TravelerII build. There you will find the very unexpected led interior light that He and I both use, also later in the thread, he installs another inexpensive device for dimming the lights.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry, Traveller II

Reactions: JTW and sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You can use a white paint pen to paint the shifter settings. It makes it a lot easier to see.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You can use a white paint pen to paint the shifter settings. It makes it a lot easier to see.

Yes, the paint pen or white nail polish is an excellent easy peasy must do upgrade

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Off topic but, @Jediwrathchild love the Eddie pic! And Iron Maiden one of my favorites

Reactions: Jediwrathchild
Jediwrathchild

Jediwrathchild

Apr 24, 2016
Kodiak, AK
Off topic but, @Jediwrathchild love the Eddie pic! And Iron Maiden one of my favorites

Thanks man! I'm a pretty massive Maiden nerd. Seen 'em in 10 countries at this point, tattoos, stuff in the house. Not as bad as some of my other friends though. UP THE IRONS!!

And return to the cab light thread! ha

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

Trooper baby! One of my riding jams and warm up jams in my I pod for baseball!

Ok sorry! Back to the thread.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

There's some info starting on post 424.....

P1000m5 - Traveller II

Reactions: Remington and sharp
advertisement
Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Check out the thread TravelerII build. There you will find the very unexpected led interior light that He and I both use, also later in the thread, he installs another inexpensive device for dimming the lights.

I have same setup and the dimmer is a must have if you're after subtle light. Cause they are very bright. Takes my eyes a sec to adjust lol.

Reactions: JTW and sharp
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
I wore a headlamp in the P500 the other night. Had it on red light and dimmed down. It was perfect and allowed me to see all the controls and instrumentation without affecting my night vision. So...like the OP, I'm on the hunt for a very low power dome light. I think I'll wire it into the headlight power. Then I won't have to think about turning it off and on. Having it dimmable will be a bonus. I'd prefer LED but I'll try incandescent depending on what light I get. I find that running through wiring is the most labour-intensive piece. Switching out various light fixtures / sources to get the perfect illumination is easy.
My $0.02
Al

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hey @CumminsPusher , he's grumpy and mouthy this morning! :rolleyes: I think he may need a "You little s..t"

He's really grumpy lately. I miss our happy go lucky Drf. I think he needs a pants down hug.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!