P1000 Cajun Boxer P-1000

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes sir great people and information With build trends like yours @JACKAL it really help me with wiring... On most weekend we ride at my camp. I have a camp along the Calcasieu River in Kinder, La with 200 acres of wood land, but not many trails. Just around the edge of the property and through the middle. We ride at Sabine ATV park often its close to 2 hours from me. The past 4 years the family and I head up to Arkansas and ride at Wolf Pen Gap and Mulberry Mountain Lodge. We are looking to venture out further this year to Tennessee or Colorado. We fell in love with Wyoming the past 3 winters but that it is bit far the drag ATVs and UTVs for summer riding. We do not want to rent ATVs where we ride. We just enjoy riding our own.

Where in LA are you located? I'm around Shreveport, we rode Wolfpen for the first time this past spring on my 4 wheeler. Really looking forward to riding some more Arkansas trails now that I've got the Pioneer. Mulberry Mountain Lodge is on my list of places to go. Is it pretty good?

I like how you have your light bar mounted, looks like the 52" mounts up well to the side roll bars? Do you have any kind of center mount on it?

Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
Where in LA are you located? I'm around Shreveport, we rode Wolfpen for the first time this past spring on my 4 wheeler. Really looking forward to riding some more Arkansas trails now that I've got the Pioneer. Mulberry Mountain Lodge is on my list of places to go. Is it pretty good?

I like how you have your light bar mounted, looks like the 52" mounts up well to the side roll bars? Do you have any kind of center mount on it?

I am in Eunice about 40 min North Lafayette. We enjoyed Mulberry Mountain. Lots of waterfalls to (FIND) ride to. Some are pretty challenging to get to. 1 waterfall took us 6 hours to get to and it was only a 4 mile drive from Mulberry Mountain Lodge, but it was worth it. There were 2 waterfalls over a 100 ft and also a rock ledge about 35 ft to jump from into a deep pool. Those were the hardest to get to, but if you would have rather walked to them, it would only been a 30 min hike from the Cabins. We stayed at Mulberry Mountain Lodge so you can ride to the trail head form there. The way to the trail head is not marked so we had to us our phone GPS and some time to figure out how to get to the trail head. Once we did no trouble over the next 5 days. Once on the trails they are clearly mark almost as good as Wolf Pen Gap. We also went white water rafting at Turner Bend a few miles away from the Lodge which was a added bonus. M M L also has its own private area on the Mulberry River for swimming and fishing. M M L holds events through out the year so check before heading up there. They offer a very nice wide open setup with cabins for rent and RV setup. We saw bears, deer, and even a soild white skunk.

No I do not have a center mount on my light bar.

My Pioneer is currently in the shop. Honda called Tuesday to tell me my clutches are burnt. Everything will be covered just waiting on parts. I will post in another trend about what happen

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Mill Creek area in NWA is my favorite place to ride, used to go all the time when I still lived in Fayetteville.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am in Eunice about 40 min North Lafayette. We enjoyed Mulberry Mountain. Lots of waterfalls to (FIND) ride to. Some are pretty challenging to get to. 1 waterfall took us 6 hours to get to and it was only a 4 mile drive from Mulberry Mountain Lodge, but it was worth it. There were 2 waterfalls over a 100 ft and also a rock ledge about 35 ft to jump from into a deep pool. Those were the hardest to get to, but if you would have rather walked to them, it would only been a 30 min hike from the Cabins. We stayed at Mulberry Mountain Lodge so you can ride to the trail head form there. The way to the trail head is not marked so we had to us our phone GPS and some time to figure out how to get to the trail head. Once we did no trouble over the next 5 days. Once on the trails they are clearly mark almost as good as Wolf Pen Gap. We also went white water rafting at Turner Bend a few miles away from the Lodge which was a added bonus. M M L also has its own private area on the Mulberry River for swimming and fishing. M M L holds events through out the year so check before heading up there. They offer a very nice wide open setup with cabins for rent and RV setup. We saw bears, deer, and even a soild white skunk.

No I do not have a center mount on my light bar.

My Pioneer is currently in the shop. Honda called Tuesday to tell me my clutches are burnt. Everything will be covered just waiting on parts. I will post in another trend about what happen

I've camped at Turner Bend and floated the Mulberry before, but that was before I had the Pioneer and didn't know about all the riding around there. I'll definitely have to check out MML. Thanks for the info.

J

Jeffro

Jun 20, 2016
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Mill Creek area in NWA is my favorite place to ride, used to go all the time when I still lived in Fayetteville.

I'm actually going to see some friends in Bentonville this weekend. Thinking about riding Mill Creek on the way but I'll only be able to spend a few hours. Is that doable? Still trying to decide if it's worth hauling it 6 or 7 hours just to ride for a few hours. I know I probably won't even scratch the surface in that amount of time, but I was thinking I might be able to at least do the marks trails, maybe the outer blue loop which is supposed to be 27 miles. What do you think? Is it pretty easy to find your way around and not get lost? How difficult are the trails, compared to Wolf Pen if you've ever been there? That's the only place I've been so that's really all I have to compare to. I didn't think it was difficult at all.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm actually going to see some friends in Bentonville this weekend. Thinking about riding Mill Creek on the way but I'll only be able to spend a few hours. Is that doable? Still trying to decide if it's worth hauling it 6 or 7 hours just to ride for a few hours. I know I probably won't even scratch the surface in that amount of time, but I was thinking I might be able to at least do the marks trails, maybe the outer blue loop which is supposed to be 27 miles. What do you think? Is it pretty easy to find your way around and not get lost? How difficult are the trails, compared to Wolf Pen if you've ever been there? That's the only place I've been so that's really all I have to compare to. I didn't think it was difficult at all.

When I used to go, I would only go for 4 hours or so at a time, and you can usually get the big blue loop done in that amount of time. I have only taken my Honda there once, but it did everything with ease. The trails are market pretty well, especially if you carry a map of the trail system with you because each mile is marked on the blue loop. There are areas where you could get lost on unmarked trails, but there are usually signs telling you where to keep going to stay on the blue loop trails. Never been to wolf pen, but there are some areas around Mill Creek that get pretty rocky and steep, but never had any issues.