P1000 Cajun Boxer P-1000

Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
Hello everyone, I have been looking around this forum for a few months following everyone's builds, while trying to build my own. I have been riding Honda my whole life. I was 4 when I got a Honda ATC 70 and I have been living red ever since. So this HP 1000 is among friends in my shop. First I would like to thank the guys that I have PM with question about some products I could not find or did not understand on my own, with one person even offering to give me there left over parts from one of there snorkel jobs. With that said I have found a lot of great information here with experiences to go with that knowledge and a lot of great ideas. Also would like to thank Justin Beatty @mystic1219 for the switch plate.

Things I have done
Honda Factory Roof
Added a second Interstate AGM battery
Warn 4500 Provantage Winch
Mystic 1219 switch plate
OTRATTW switches
52" 5D AUXBEAM Curved Cree LED Light Bar and Nilight Spot light on the front with a 7" light bar in the rear for back up light (soon to be THM 20" sitting in shop now) I used OPT7 49mm-54mm mounting brackets
15" LED 3rd break light to my roof
RioRand 7" LED light strip for interior lights.
Bad Dawg Rear View Mirror
Ram Mount Cell Phone Holder
High Lifter Lift Kit
Quad Gear UTV Handles
14" No Limit Gloss Black Octane Tracer style with Bullet Edge Wheel on 29" Big Horns. I must say these wheels are awesome. Solid Aluminum Wheel even the center cap is built into the wheel and the wheels have a life time warranty. Erin and Storm are great to work with. This is my second set of rims and tires. First set was 14" STI HD3 on 27" Big Horns. They melted off of the white HP 1000 in the fire.
Aluminumproducts.com Front and Rear Stick Guards. To me they offer the best maximum coverage that I could find on the internet.
Duel Extended 2in receiver hitch

Things sitting in my shop
Set of HL 2" forward Arched A-arms
20" THM light bar for the rear
Snorkel Kit for just in case
Spare HP 1000 frame to chop the top on before chopping mine.

I think I cover everything, If not just ask. I did purchase most of my items from Amazon. My winch has already saved me once.

HP 0100 HP 1000 HP 1001 Brake Light 01 Switch Plate Red Light AL 1 AL 2 AL 3 AL 4 AL 5 NL Wheel Snorkle 3 2 in arch HP1000 Honda

Last edited:
advertisement
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Cajunboxer Welcome, nice introduction and thanks for sharing your photos. Lots of good people and information here. Keep us updated with your future mods and places you ride.

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 52" light bar mounted up there under the roof looks clean, what clamps did you use?

Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
Welcome to the forums! Love the looks of your rig. Also like what all is in the garage! Can't wait to see the chopped cage

Reactions: Isaiah and pct
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Hello everyone, I have been looking around this forum for a few months following everyone's builds, while trying to build my own. I have been riding Honda my whole life. I was 4 when I got a Honda ATC 70 and I have been living red ever since. So this HP 1000 is among friends in my shop. First I would like to thank the guys that I have PM with question about some products I could not find or did not understand on my own, with one person even offering to give me there left over parts from one of there snorkel jobs. With that said I have found a lot of great information here with experiences to go with that knowledge and a lot of great ideas. Also would like to thank Justin Beatty Mystic1219 for the switch plate.

Things I have done
Honda Factory Roof
Added a second Interstate AGM battery
Warn 4500 Provantage Winch
Mystic 1219 switch plate
OTRATTW switches
52" 5D AUXBEAM Curved Cree LED Light Bar and Nilight Spot light on the front with a 7" light bar in the rear for back up light (soon to be THM 20" sitting in shop now) I used OPT7 49mm-54mm mounting brackets
15" LED 3rd break light to my roof
RioRand 7" LED light strip for interior lights.
Bad Dawg Rear View Mirror
Ram Mount Cell Phone Holder
High Lifter Lift Kit
Quad Gear UTV Handles
14" No Limit Gloss Black Octane Tracer style with Bullet Edge Wheel on 29" Big Horns. I must say these wheels are awesome. Solid Aluminum Wheel even the center cap is built into the wheel and the wheels have a life time warranty. Erin and Storm are great to work with. This is my second set of rims and tires. First set was 14" STI HD3 on 27" Big Horns. They melted off of the white HP 1000 in the fire.
Aluminumproducts.com Front and Rear Stick Guards. To me they offer the best maximum coverage that I could find on the internet.
Duel Extended 2in receiver hitch

Things sitting in my shop
Set of HL 2" forward Arched A-arms
20" THM light bar for the rear
Snorkel Kit for just in case
Spare HP 1000 frame to chop the top on before chopping mine.

I think I cover everything, If not just ask. I did purchase most of my items from Amazon. My winch has already saved me once.

View attachment 14865 View attachment 14866 View attachment 14867 View attachment 14868 View attachment 14869 View attachment 14870 View attachment 14871 View attachment 14872 View attachment 14873 View attachment 14874 View attachment 14875 View attachment 14876 View attachment 14877 View attachment 14878 View attachment 14879 View attachment 14880
Looks great!

Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
The 52" light bar mounted up there under the roof looks clean, what clamps did you use?

I used these...
Amazon.com: OPT7 xMount Wide 49mm-54mm Mounting Bracket Clamps Pair for LED Work Light Bar Bullbar: Automotive
On the front and the back. I tucked it under as much as I could But I am not completely satisfied. Right now it is even with the roof which I like the look. but if we are riding in the rain which sometimes happens, the rain from the roof will run down on the light bar and make the water come more towards my chest area instead of my legs I think? I will try and flip the brackets facing the inside of the cab, but that might make it to close to me for my liking on the inside. Or I will just weld a small extension up and towards the cab to be able to tuck it under just a little more

Reactions: amc019
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
Welcome to the forums! Love the looks of your rig. Also like what all is in the garage! Can't wait to see the chopped cage

Thanks We ride often with my family but sometimes we have friends that want to come ride that do not have ATVs so I always have a few spares. And when we go on rides away from home I always bring extra ATVs for those friends that don't ride Honda and they always seem to break down. Also my 1988 300 4X4 is my mud bike and if i do get it stuck, you just pick it up by hand and move it over. My grandfather bought that bike new so it has always been in the family. I have only put a new battery and starter solenoid, No other repairs. The chop top project will be started soon. Have to finish a few Honey Dos around the home.

Reactions: sharp and Tot
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
@Cajunboxer Welcome, nice introduction and thanks for sharing your photos. Lots of good people and information here. Keep us updated with your future mods and places you ride.

Yes sir great people and information With build trends like yours @JACKAL it really help me with wiring... On most weekend we ride at my camp. I have a camp along the Calcasieu River in Kinder, La with 200 acres of wood land, but not many trails. Just around the edge of the property and through the middle. We ride at Sabine ATV park often its close to 2 hours from me. The past 4 years the family and I head up to Arkansas and ride at Wolf Pen Gap and Mulberry Mountain Lodge. We are looking to venture out further this year to Tennessee or Colorado. We fell in love with Wyoming the past 3 winters but that it is bit far the drag ATVs and UTVs for summer riding. We do not want to rent ATVs where we ride. We just enjoy riding our own.

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGRACK and Tot
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
My family and I will be headed to Sabine ATV Park next Saturday May 21. If anyone in the area would like to join us.

advertisement
BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I used these...
Amazon.com: OPT7 xMount Wide 49mm-54mm Mounting Bracket Clamps Pair for LED Work Light Bar Bullbar: Automotive
On the front and the back. I tucked it under as much as I could But I am not completely satisfied. Right now it is even with the roof which I like the look. but if we are riding in the rain which sometimes happens, the rain from the roof will run down on the light bar and make the water come more towards my chest area instead of my legs I think? I will try and flip the brackets facing the inside of the cab, but that might make it to close to me for my liking on the inside. Or I will just weld a small extension up and towards the cab to be able to tuck it under just a little more
How did you make these work? All tubing on the cage is 45mm.

T

taylorman

Jun 19, 2016
Lafayette La
My family and I will be headed to Sabine ATV Park next Saturday May 21. If anyone in the area would like to join us.
Where is this at? I live in Lafayette and will be buying a 1000-5 next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: dotman1
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
Finally took the time to put the arched A-arms on. Had to adjust my steering wheel some, but it was not straight from the factory. Also had to adjust the toe. All in all the bike drives better on hard surface at higher speed. Now just need to decide on taller tires. True 30" or 32" Looking at 30 "Monster Mayhems or 32 "Mammoth Mayhems 30" Outbacks.... A friend of mine just put 18" rims on 32" BKT tires on his P3 1000, but has not tried turning them over in deep mud. Thoughts????

Arched A arms Arched A arms 1

Reactions: pct and Tot
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
@amc019 Looking at your setup is what makes me want the Outbacks. Most of my riding is done in the woods and soft sand along the river at my camp, with occasional mud holes and a little mud ridding. So I think the Outbacks would work great for me. But I like the light weight of the 30" Monster Mayhems. With the soft white sand at my camp the Mayhems will dig a lot. Most rides are slow speed.

Here is a picture of my buddies P1000 on 18" rims and 32" BKT tires. Forward arched A-arms and High Lifter lift kit.

32 BTK Tires

amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@amc019 Looking at your setup is what makes me want the Outbacks. Most of my riding is done in the woods and soft sand along the river at my camp, with occasional mud holes and a little mud ridding. So I think the Outbacks would work great for me. But I like the light weight of the 30" Monster Mayhems. With the soft white sand at my camp the Mayhems will dig a lot. Most rides are slow speed.

Here is a picture of my buddies P1000 on 18" rims and 32" BKT tires. Forward arched A-arms and High Lifter lift kit.

View attachment 17962

The only thing about the Monster Mayhems is that because they are so light, they can't carry nearly as much weight as the Outback in my opinion and the lighter carcass will be more susceptible to damage. I also bet that the Outbacks will paddle through sand a bit better than thr megas.

Reactions: pct
Cajunboxer

Cajunboxer

Feb 8, 2016
Eunice, La
@amc019 I think I worded what I was saying wrong. I think the Outbacks would be to better choice because of the soft sands. They may not dig as much. I am still looking and comparing because I am not planning on leaving whatever tire I choose on all the time, just for certain riding condition. Beside that the Big Horn will stay on.

Reactions: pct and amc019
Tot

Tot

Lifetime Member
Dec 14, 2015
Des Arc, Arkansas
@amc019 I think I worded what I was saying wrong. I think the Outbacks would be to better choice because of the soft sands. They may not dig as much. I am still looking and comparing because I am not planning on leaving whatever tire I choose on all the time, just for certain riding condition. Beside that the Big Horn will stay on.
Multiple tires great choice lol. If your looking for a mud tire and still want light look at Interco interforce. Tractor style lugs and supposed to be cheap.

I just sold my 29.5 OL2s and I plan on getting Quadboss's new mud tire in a 30". Gotta buy a set of truck tires before the Pioneer gets another set of tires lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Reactions: pct
amc019

amc019

Lifetime Member
Jan 23, 2016
Little Rock, Ar
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I understand lol I was agreeing with you.
I would also look into outlaw radials, they run kind small and don't look quite as cool, but they last forever and ride pretty smooth. I've always wanted to try a pair for myself but haven't yet. That being said, I run my Outback's on more rock and hard pack than I do mud, as I haven't sunk these once yet, but that's why I sprung for the bead locks. They do really well in the rocks and technical trails at about 5-6 psi. The rest of the time I run 9-10. If I had a second set to go with these, I would probably got with STI Roctanes because they seem to do well in everything except thick mud. I am just a sucker for directional tread.

Reactions: pct and joeymt33
advertisement