P1000 Camo Canuck Build

DrAgon submitted a new Garage Item:

Camo Canuck Build

It took a while but finished the initial weekend with my P1000-5. Only have about an hour riding and 30 hours of work into the unit so far.
When I picked the unit up from the dealer I had them install:
Glass Windshield
Roof
Heater
Winch
Blackwater Evo 28-11-14 on all four corners (fit without a lift and look great)

I spent the weekend building a custom skid plate, switch panel and installing lights, stereo and stealth snorkel. By far the best mod so far is the skid plate.

View attachment 39565

Read more about this showcase item here...

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The skid plate was a fairly large undertaking, but after looking at the stock skid plate it was well worth the time. I would not drive the unit off road without an upgraded skid plate. We started with 2 4'x8 sheets of 1/2" UHMW. We stood the unit on its tail and made a crude template out of cardboard attached to the stock skid plate. We were able to start at the tail and run 8' which matched up to bolt holes that I assume are for an aftermarket bumper or plow mound at the front end, this was good spot for a joint for the front piece.

IMG 1984 IMG 1985

Reactions: Jshell3 and sharp
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The side panels above, rest on the frame and above the middle skid. The most tedious piece proved to be the front piece, initially we were going to cover the entire front skid but decided to run a smaller piece up the middle. Again, started with cardboard template, marked the bends and holes needed. We used an aluminum plate in the middle to join the mid panel with the front.

IMG 2010 IMG 2011 IMG 2012 IMG 2015

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was able to go for a bit of a ride after I got the mid and side panels on, that's where the grass and mud came from. It was difficult to stay off it to get the start of the skid installed lol.

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would be SO PROUD to be able to do something like that. I just buy, buy, buy. I envy the builders.

Good work!
I'm impressed.

No thanks to me. That was all my Dad. He built one similar on his 700, credit goes to him. Hell of a good job. I was mainly there to get in the way and supply the machine.

J

Jshell3

No thanks to me. That was all my Dad. He built one similar on his 700, credit goes to him. Hell of a good job. I was mainly there to get in the way and supply the machine.
That's right! I've been a "hold the flashlight" guy many, many times in my life. LOL

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally, the rear had a bit of a taper and the frame had a gap. We solved it by adding an extra piece, should at least keep the mud out. I'll post the Fan, light and stereo install later this afternoon. Need to get back to work for a bit.

IMG 2017 IMG 2018

Reactions: pct and sharp
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Install blower underseat and run ducting out rear to get rid of some of the heat.

IMG 2019

Reactions: sharp
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Rear Lights
Stealth Snorketl with Frogz Skin (I didn't use the 2.75"-3" silicon coupling as some have recommended. The 3 " intake hose works well, I just used a hose clamp to secure the connection). Don't know if I will ever extend my snorkel or not, just wanted to run it up a bit as a precautionary measure. I was running in some water fairly fast and had it nearly up over the hood...
Interior Lights
42"Front Light Bar

IMG 2020 IMG 2021 IMG 2022 IMG 2023 IMG 2024

D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Next we started work on the switch plate. not much room to work with my required switches, the heat vent and winch control. A few pics of the power bar and wiring under dash. We relocated the winch solenoid to make room for the extra wiring. We have since cleaned up the wiring a bit.

IMG 2025 IMG 2026 IMG 2027 IMG 2030 IMG 2028 IMG 2029

Reactions: sharp and Jshell3
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Super job. Looking great.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!