P1000 Camo plastic

D

Dedduc

Jun 1, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Is it true the factory camo plastic is garbage ? Does it flak off or what? Getting ready to buy a new machine for hunting and wanted camo but now I'm not sure.

Reactions: TimG and Isaiah
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
From what I understand, the older camo was more painted on, were as the newer camo is more infused into the plastic. Not sure if that is true or not but so far, I’ve not seen any reason to be concerned with my 2020. Either way I didn’t buy it for the camo, I bought it for the machine, I can always get new plastics.

BrophyCreek

BrophyCreek

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 8, 2016
New Richmond, WI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Some people have issues some do not. Not sure the difference. I have a 2016 PIK- 5 DLX, no issues at all. Not easy on it by any means and I use a pressure washer all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: TimG
C

Converted

Jul 29, 2019
Port St Lucie FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My 2018 has been abused in the brush quite a bit and there is no flaking at all. It looks like the camo is part of the plastic like a kayak. I wouldn't have any concerns at all about the finish holding up.

20200504 181014

Frodriguez17

Frodriguez17

Nov 24, 2017
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know the camo on the Rincon was trash, can not verify about the Pioneer.
If you want you plastics to last you need to keep the SXS / ATV out of the elements plan and simple

advertisement
D

DrAgon

Feb 9, 2017
BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The doors my 2017 are wearing pretty heavily. I run a lot of tight trails... Rubbins racin

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!