Can’t read gauges

Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
is there a solution to the gauges being unreadable once there is a little dust on them? 2018 100/5.

Reactions: Smitty335
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
200w 1

Teammontana

Teammontana

Apr 3, 2021
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks for the input. Never knowing how fast you’re going, how much fuel, not being able to see potential engine problems is an issue. Wiping the dash off with a glove you might see the speed for a few minutes but you have to stop to get it cleaned completely. Then it only works for a few miles given the excessive dust inside the cab. Leaving the lights on all the time sorta helps. I think the solution would be to relocate them on top of the dash with a different background color and larger display. Even a white background on the stock unit would make a big difference. Sounds like a small problem, but would you drive your car if you couldn’t see the dash?

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
is there a solution to the gauges being unreadable once there is a little dust on them? 2018 100/5.
Thanks for the input. Never knowing how fast you’re going, how much fuel, not being able to see potential engine problems is an issue. Wiping the dash off with a glove you might see the speed for a few minutes but you have to stop to get it cleaned completely. Then it only works for a few miles given the excessive dust inside the cab. Leaving the lights on all the time sorta helps. I think the solution would be to relocate them on top of the dash with a different background color and larger display. Even a white background on the stock unit would make a big difference. Sounds like a small problem, but would you drive your car if you couldn’t see the dash?
Look, I'm not saying it gets dusty but........nothing a quick wipe can't fix. Maybe try a rear screen to help keep the dust down. Have you tried a quickshield from @trigger? I hear it eliminates any and all dust 😉

Also, if none of the above work..........they say jeep makes a good 4X4......🤷

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
a jeep is an outstanding and great solution - these are sold and advertised as off road machines and the dust\cold\heat\water are to be fully expected.....

Honda delivered a sub par dash imo - I just wanted to see volts\temp, the stupid fans on the display tell me s***\wanted a real number. oil pressure would be great but by not so critical - if oil pressure is lost - usually screwed at that point anyway. ill do RPM\tach at some point

since red is the fastest - typically always got 50+ - lol

IMG 7721
IMG 6085

H

HondaTech

a jeep is an outstanding and great solution - these are sold and advertised as off road machines and the dust\cold\heat\water are to be fully expected.....

Honda delivered a sub par dash imo - I just wanted to see volts\temp, the stupid fans on the display tell me s***\wanted a real number. oil pressure would be great but by not so critical - if oil pressure is lost - usually screwed at that point anyway. ill do RPM\tach at some point

since red is the fastest - typically always got 50+ - lol

View attachment 375607View attachment 375608
You'll know when you lose oil pressure, the engine will shut off. The PCM only knows when the trans looses pressure, so it shuts the engine down.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!