BOX1

P500 Can a wheel be reversible

SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
In most cases no. The lug nut holes would be seated on the wrong side , the mounting flange of the wheel wouldn’t sit flat to the hub and it would most likely rip the oem valve off on the brakes (unless you were running larger rims or flush mounted stems ) but for many safety reasons I’d say no , unless you were running a spun alloy atv style wheel (think Douglas or ITP L quad wheels ) for sure not oem or any major stamped steel or cast aluminum wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In most cases no. The lug nut holes would be seated on the wrong side , the mounting flange of the wheel wouldn’t sit flat to the hub and it would most likely rip the oem valve off on the brakes (unless you were running larger rims or flush mounted stems ) but for many safety reasons I’d say no , unless you were running a spun alloy atv style wheel (think Douglas or ITP L quad wheels ) for sure not oem or any major stamped steel or cast aluminum wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Totally agree.
While I have done it in my ATV days. No way in hell would I do it for a SxS for any other reason then limping back to the truck.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
If you have a Ferguson tractor then yes.
1AC7594E AA96 49B8 A1C0 CB1BB7D983C9

But generally no.
The lug nut holes are set up with a shape that springs in a little when you tighten the lug nut so it doesn’t come lose.
If you reverse the wheel it doesn’t work and it will damage the wheel.

Reactions: Mudwing
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for all the info. A quick visual check looked like it would work, however I agree with the lug nut tightening aspect. Rims are too cheap to take a chance of loosing a wheel during a ride.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!