P1000m5 Can I put lights recessed into the tailgate?

sugarray

sugarray

Is this a game show?
Lifetime Member
Feb 17, 2016
WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I purchased recessed lights like these:

Amazon.com: Nilight 2PCS 18W Flood LED Work Light Driving Lights Led Light Bar Off Road Led Lights Flush Mount for Jeep Truck Tacoma Bumper ATV UTV,2 Years Warranty: Automotive

But, didn't work with my initial thoughts for installation. I was looking yesterday and thought is would be great to have them shining out the back from the tailgate.

Any ideas if there is enough room?
The ones I have are 3 3/4" deep

I planned to run the wiring through the tailgate mounting bracket and tie into the rear lights I already have.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yes you can do this. Make sure the tailgate is thick enough. Those lights are 3" front-to-back. I don't have a 1000.
Also, be sure to add a plug in case you ever want to remove the tailgate (temporarily).

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!