CANCELED - The 2020 PIONEER TAKEOVER - A Honda SxS Club, Group Ride! April 24th & 25th, 2020!

Status
Not open for further replies.
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nashville- coming from the west. 840 Is least likely to have any traffic. You will get on it about 30 minutes before Nashville, loop south and come out about 10 minutes on the other side of Nashville on 40, but will add 15-20 minutes to the trip. 155 (Briley parkway) would be the next likely less traffic but you have to get on it at the edge of Nashville about 2 miles before 440 and 40 split through Nashville and hope it’s not backed up from the split. 440 has been under major construction but it’s getting closer. It’s extremely narrow. The work may be done by takeover. I don’t remember the date of completion but I do know the company has to pay 100k/day if not finished before completion date for about 2 weeks then it jumps to 300k/day late fees past day of promised completion. 40 straight through and 440 will be the quickest mid morning to late afternoon. I’ll probably go 40 or 440, unless it’s completely shut down which is not often.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Great! More time to work out the system. Works for me.

BTW 12 hr drive for us. Who's got it worse?
About 14hrs for us including a slight detour to pick up @aprils_fool

Reactions: Mudwing and Isaiah
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
OH..
send me a message if you wa
OH..
send me a message if you want your user name changed!
I hear PH is now available.
B2A54EBF E97E 4C83 83FB 154F56FC257E

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Hells yah, just booked a room at the Comfort Inn!! :D:D It’s just gonna be me and my bro-in-law. We will be coming in Friday morning/early afternoon. Ive read you can ride your SXSs to and from this hotel.
I recon the next order of business is getting the permit to ride. Is it better to get them in advance or when you get there? I have full coverage insurance and helmets so riding on the roads should be OK. Please correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m leaving anything else out please let me know as this is my first trip down. Coming from WV to TN.. :eek::D:D

Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Hells yah, just booked a room at the Comfort Inn!! :D:D It’s just gonna be me and my bro-in-law. We will be coming in Friday morning/early afternoon. Ive read you can ride your SXSs to and from this hotel.
I recon the next order of business is getting the permit to ride. Is it better to get them in advance or when you get there? I have full coverage insurance and helmets so riding on the roads should be OK. Please correct me if I’m wrong. If I’m leaving anything else out please let me know as this is my first trip down. Coming from WV to TN.. :eek::D:D
Get your permit online prior to trip. For you a 3 day should work. Just need permit for driver only.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Yes you will need a permit. There is a mention earlier in this thread. DON'T PURCHASE UNTIL A MONTH OR SO BEFORE THE TAKEOVER!!! Easily done online.

advertisement
Choogsbro

Choogsbro

CEO of Monkey Business
Lifetime Member
Mar 20, 2018
Monticello, Ky
Ownership

1. Other Brand
Ok no 3 day. Unless you are planning another trip get the 7 day otherwise get the annual.

IMG 3415

Reactions: ProudDadOf5
ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
We are booked from the 23 through the 26th. So probably leave home the 22nd sometime.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We're booked from the 21st through the 26th, going to head down to @aprils_fool on the 20th, load them up and leave there early on the 21st.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Don’t buy a permit until March 1st 2020.

That would make sense. I can’t find anything on the TWRA website about trail permits yet. Just hunting licenses.

J

JTW

Well, the first thing you need to do is move that arrival date to Wednesday night.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well, the first thing you need to do is move that arrival date to Wednesday night.

Oh how I would absolutely love to. I would also love to bring the kids but they will just be going back to school from spring break (beginning of April) and be in the middle of testing. The best I could do is take a day off and sneak away for the weekend. This might be one of the okays from the wife that may have a consequence when I return home!! LMAO

Reactions: Russ989 and TimG
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That would make sense. I can’t find anything on the TWRA website about trail permits yet. Just hunting licenses.
You won’t. The riding permit is a hunting and fishing license. Its confusing. One of these days, hopefully, TWRA will update their website to say “click here for riding permit” lol

advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!