P500 Cannot Down Shift

Nathan_HogsFan

Nathan_HogsFan

Dec 21, 2015
NE Arkansas
Last night I took my P500 down to my mom n dads who live down the block from me. I left it running as I was just dropping something off and coming right back. When I went back out to reverse and leave it would not down shift at all I tried rocking it as that is usually all it takes and nothing. I can upshift just fine. Finally after pressing the paddle shifter several times it downshifted once then wouldn't do it again. I had rode it the night before and it did great didn't have a single problem and even earlier that say day it was fine. About two hours before going to my mom n dads I had pressure washed it really well inside and out, but it did fine going down to their house. I pushed it down my parents drive way and brought it home to let it sit until today when I would try it again thinking maybe something got wet and it just needed to dry. Unfortunately that did nothing it still won't down shift. I don't see any wires to check coming from the paddle shifters. Mine is a 2016 and has less than 300 miles on it. Any suggestions?

D

Deleted member 3748

Last night I took my P500 down to my mom n dads who live down the block from me. I left it running as I was just dropping something off and coming right back. When I went back out to reverse and leave it would not down shift at all I tried rocking it as that is usually all it takes and nothing. I can upshift just fine. Finally after pressing the paddle shifter several times it downshifted once then wouldn't do it again. I had rode it the night before and it did great didn't have a single problem and even earlier that say day it was fine. About two hours before going to my mom n dads I had pressure washed it really well inside and out, but it did fine going down to their house. I pushed it down my parents drive way and brought it home to let it sit until today when I would try it again thinking maybe something got wet and it just needed to dry. Unfortunately that did nothing it still won't down shift. I don't see any wires to check coming from the paddle shifters. Mine is a 2016 and has less than 300 miles on it. Any suggestions?
I'm not in a spot to research this, butt maybe there is a fuse blown?

D

Deleted member 3748

Check the owners manual for limp mode. You may need to reset it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!