P1000 Canso tracks

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone know what is going on with Camso Tracks ?
I called Camso i believe in AZ and also in Washington and the phone #s on both are disconnected, anyone know what is going on ?

Reactions: Lady01 and TxDoc
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Negative.
are you looking for parts or trying to buy some?

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My dealer gave me a discount for purchasing a new Pioneer from them, Working out, but the outfit they are purchasing from is having issues. Camso will not ship for 3 months due to backlog ! What is going on with the world ?

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
Bow4life

Bow4life

Supporting Member
Mar 5, 2021
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have you checked into any other track manufacturers? I know mattracks is another big name, at least where I'm at. They're actually made about 2 1/2 hours from where I live. I dont know if they are having the same issues but might be worth a call. Maybe get a better deal going straight to the company?

Screenshot 20211118 195710 Chrome

vbk

vbk

Aug 14, 2017
california
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well the places were major dealers that are not in business any more, I did get ahold of Camso, Delivery is Feburary 2022 due to a backlog. I did purchase from my local dealer as they give me a discount from my purchase of the pioneer. I had a 2016 pioneer and had Camso tracks and the worked great.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Trying to purchase, I did find a dealer but 8 weeks to delivery, Camso is large company, I just couldn't understand why there phone is disconnected !
I was going to get some tracks and still might in the future. Have two buddys that have the Camso‘s there nice but imo a pain when u change over to tires again. I also didnt like the cable system. My resurch came to Mattracks. much better product and much easier for changeover.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
I was going to get some tracks and still might in the future. Have two buddys that have the Camso‘s there nice but imo a pain when u change over to tires again. I also didnt like the cable system. My resurch came to Mattracks. much better product and much easier for changeover.

I gotta side with Remington on this one. I have been researching tracks that will work well in my area. Originally I was going to run camoplast. The dealer was quoting with tax around 3600. Then the dealer said that it would be 3+ months before they had stock and that we may see a price change. I didn't realize it was going to jump to over 5K and be rolled in to camso/goodyear.

So I started doing some research and talked with a few friends at companies in town that run the tracks year round/on/off. The consensus is while camso makes a good product, they all are now on mattracks or the k-brand ones. The guys who are running these for the power company swear by them.

One of the main selling points seemed to be the suspension. As they also run these at times, in the sierras when the terrain is exceptionally challenging.

Reactions: toddvdh and Lady01
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I gotta side with Remington on this one. I have been researching tracks that will work well in my area. Originally I was going to run camoplast. The dealer was quoting with tax around 3600. Then the dealer said that it would be 3+ months before they had stock and that we may see a price change. I didn't realize it was going to jump to over 5K and be rolled in to camso/goodyear.

So I started doing some research and talked with a few friends at companies in town that run the tracks year round/on/off. The consensus is while camso makes a good product, they all are now on mattracks or the k-brand ones. The guys who are running these for the power company swear by them.

One of the main selling points seemed to be the suspension. As they also run these at times, in the sierras when the terrain is exceptionally challenging.
What is the price of the mattracks? Didn’t see anything on their website.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand
What is the price of the mattracks? Didn’t see anything on their website.

I am sure others can chime in, but I am still waiting on a final quote for the m3's. And a better explanation of the comparison between the standard model and hd version. My question was is the rating like tires, per corner. Or is it for the set. And if its like tires, than having a 3500lb rating would be insanely overkill.

B

bridgermgmt

Jul 18, 2021
Tahoe
Ownership

1. Other Brand

Well once again..... and I hate to say it..... but Remington is spot on. When you see these two side by side, then review the specs and design, and compare the price.... they are just not at all comparable. But if your just getting tracks to drive flat, open terrain, I think you cannot fault the camso. A little harder to put on and take off, and possible modification needed. But decent.

Also the HD model was overkill in my opinion. So camso at 6K and Mattracks at 11K. Big jump but its like comparing a Toyota 4Runner trd pro to a Toyota RAV4.

Also, riding in the mattrack version vs the camso, I think the suspension system in the mattrack is more for keeping the track safe and in contact than it is to keeping the machine comfy.

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
they work well, I’m in ND where we get snow, last mite,check out atv tracks.net too, they have camso and Kimpex

Z

Zaldan

Oct 22, 2018
Edmonton alberta
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do any of you adjust speedo when on the tracks ?heard there is a unit that just plug and play but not sure what it is called ?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lady01
B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Do any of you adjust speedo when on the tracks ?heard there is a unit that just plug and play but not sure what it is called ?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
yes I do, its from 12oclock labs, works good.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!