P500 Cargo basket aluminum

luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Black husky box was on clearance at home Depot last week.picked one up for $102 OTD.

Reactions: Shadesmn
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
R

RobertC

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Got tired of looking at racks/ baskets that didn't mount or fit the way I wanted, so I built my own

Image Image

R

RobertC

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, Russ989 and rump rocket, Bought my p500 in December, knew I wanted/needed rack but just didn't like any thing out there. Like to think I am pretty good with wood projects, so I tried my luck with a big metal job. Some 1 in sq tubing and expanded metal and several late nights in shop, finally finished, 2 coats with truck bed liner spray. Mounted and ready to test it..

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
2 coats with truck bed liner spray. Mounted and ready to test it..[/QUOTE]
What type of bedliner material did you use?

Reactions: RumpRocket
R

RobertC

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
2 coats with truck bed liner spray. Mounted and ready to test it..
What type of bedliner material did you use?[/QUOTE]

Bought 6 cans of spray can Bedliner coating from a pain't supply house. Sanded metal down with 80grit paper. Soaked and wiped down with cleaner. Was gonna have line x do it, but quoted me 375.00 to spray!!! Wow!

Shadesmn

Shadesmn

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2015
Ramsey, MN
Ownership

1. 500
Is it a rubberized like finish? I used some left over herculiner bedliner material on my old forman racks and that stuff lasted forever. It was a bit rough on texture though the way i applied it. I too got a qoute from a local place for my box but he said i needed to have a epoxy coat on it first cuz he wont spray bare aluminum. Not gonna pay two places to do it so I'll be doing it myself as well.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thinking about cutting an extra horse stall rubber mat from barn to lay in bottom of tray, pretty thick stuff. Worst part would be cutting it. Anyone else tried it?

R

RobertC

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Is it a rubberized like finish? I used some left over herculiner bedliner material on my old forman racks and that stuff lasted forever. It was a bit rough on texture though the way i applied it. I too got a qoute from a local place for my box but he said i needed to have a epoxy coat on it first cuz he wont spray bare aluminum. Not gonna pay two places to do it so I'll be doing it myself as well.

Yes, rubber style rough texture, sprayed one coat let cure 72 hours, sprayed second coat, even covered up some of my not so pretty welds. Guy at store said just needed metal clean and roughed up so it would stick really well. Haven't had anything in it yet. But seems to be really hard.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Basket looks good and I hope it sticks for you. I don't feel so bad now, I actually paid $400 to have mine Line X'd and there were a lot of corners and details. The price is due to the prep on the bare aluminum. He had to scotch brite the whole thing thoroughly, wipe it down with acetone, don't touch the metal with your fingers at all, then you have about 15 minutes to hit it with etching primer or the protective properties of the aluminum start kicking in again. Anything I make out of diamond plate now is the black stuff and already sealed. ;)
Toolbox chrome

R

RobertC

Feb 3, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Basket looks good and I hope it sticks for you. I don't feel so bad now, I actually paid $400 to have mine Line X'd and there were a lot of corners and details. The price is due to the prep on the bare aluminum. He had to scotch brite the whole thing thoroughly, wipe it down with acetone, don't touch the metal with your fingers at all, then you have about 15 minutes to hit it with etching primer or the protective properties of the aluminum start kicking in again. Anything I make out of diamond plate now is the black stuff and already sealed. ;)
View attachment 64074

Nice box!!!! Yeah hope it does. But if I have to respray in a year or so, still only out about 80-100 bucks. What's sad is buddy had Toyota truck bed sprayed by same guy and it was only a little over 500.00. Just didn't sound right.

Reactions: trigger
GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Just drilled 2 holes thru box frame straight down into flat section of pioneer rack. Jsed nylon nuts for underneath, but very tight fit for wrench. If doing it again, would use a U clamp on outer sides for easier access. Saw where some one used heavy duty cable ties.

Reactions: GRANITE
luckymike

luckymike

Lifetime Member
Sep 5, 2016
michigan
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Make a couple of straps to go under the flat areas of the rack.drill and tap.drill holes in basket in same location.screw down

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
View attachment 64053

Yes, rubber style rough texture, sprayed one coat let cure 72 hours, sprayed second coat, even covered up some of my not so pretty welds. Guy at store said just needed metal clean and roughed up so it would stick really well. Haven't had anything in it yet. But seems to be really hard.

Great looking rack. I would have jumped on something like that if available anywhere...

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Have a custom one being made up will put up pix when done. Basically aluminum tube sides and a small hoop part way up the cab. Will bolt to stock rack and I’ll put 3mm black UHMW sheeting in the bottom. Simple light strong for packing larger chainsaw and other work gear.
j

Reactions: Chooglin
SXSHP500CO

SXSHP500CO

Pounding - Beaver
Lifetime Member
Dec 2, 2017
Northglenn Colorado
Ownership

1. 500
Reactions: Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!