P500 Cargo basket and skid plates

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
If I really wanted to I could hit my father up for one of his CA Allis Chalmer tractors. However then I would have another vehicle to maintain and that would not be cost effective.

Reactions: JTW
D

Deleted member 3748

If I really wanted to I could hit my father up for one of his CA Allis Chalmer tractors. However then I would have another vehicle to maintain and that would not be cost effective.
Plus it would be more fun working your Pioneer hard!

Reactions: trigger
J

Jshell3

You can find 60s-70s model gas tractors around 35hp for 2-5k.. I've got a Massey 135 and it's a fine little tractor. I think you'd be far better off going that route.
+1 on the MF135 (mine's Perkins... my Grandpa bought it new in '74)
Very strong tractor. Used 135's are easy to come by, the parts are too! They'll pull 6' blades, disks, and rotary cutters all day long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500

Those tanks are fairly thick. Cut out the top so there is a 2" lip all around and it should work great. A small trap could keep everything pretty well protected. It's actually a pretty reasonable way to get a good sized heavy duty plastic cargo box. Now that's thinking outside the box ;)

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
My old atv had a nice cargo box and lid on the rear rack that fit perfect and I always kept it full of tools and accessories like tow rope and wire. Bit tougher to find the perfect reasonably priced durable box lid combo or similar for the utv.

Reactions: JTW
gatorguy

gatorguy

May 15, 2015
Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
Yes I received the Moose 2" (I think mine is a different brad) receiver $79.00 with free shipping delivered to my house by UPS and I mounted it (had to keep and reuse the 2 metric nuts that came from the lower A-frame factory bolts. Other than those 2 nuts, every thing else came with the receiver. I had to drop my aluminum CV boot guards so that I could remove the A-frame bolts and insert the new bolts that came with the hitch. This thing looks pretty solid and if I somehow manage to damage it, I am thinking that the P5 will have been destroyed in the process. I ordered a Reese 2" drawbar from Amazon returned goods store for $9.00 as I have a couple of 2" balls already that will work with it. I don't see this hitch as being easily damaged. I think the UTV would be damaged first. Like others have said, this thing looks quite a bit more solid than the factory hitch.

Now I am looking at one of the class 1 3 point hitches for use in the receiver.

https://www.amazon.com/Titan-Attachments-Trailer-Receiver-Drawbar/dp/B00CNUUU5A/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Reactions: gatorguy
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Any pics yet for dock cart basket on P500 @Zombeaver ?

Reactions: 100Acre
Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
I have one photo of my Honda on a trailer behind my truck. You can see the basket from the yellow wagon I got at Academy in the photo. After some use I noticed 2 issues. 1. Zip ties don't secure it worth a s*** as the ties will break even with about 16 of them securing it to the rack. 2. The metal used to make the wagon's sides are so flimsy to be almost laughable as the sides bend so easy.

Z

Zombeaver

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2016
Texas
Ownership

1. 500
On trailer. I should add that somehow I lost one of the front aluminum A-arm guards even though it was secured with lock nuts. Cudos to the company I bought the original ones from as they sold me replacement pair (don't come in singles but I suggested they should offer) at a reduced price. Hog hunting this weekend I got hung on about an 18" fallen tree and had to winch myself off. Winch worked great and my Honda sitting on the trunk broke the tree trunk so that it was able to be pulled off of the trail.

IMG 3268

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!