BOX1

P500 Center Console

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Does anyone have a Kolpin center console? Any friends use or good/bad comments? I’m curious & looking for more storage!

79D57286 B43F 4376 B595 E02F8E761EAE

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Does anyone have a Kolpin center console? Any friends use or good/bad comments? I’m curious & looking for more storage! View attachment 97212

I have considered one for years and believe it would be handy. Before buying and assuming you may be looking at the one linked in the second post, I would take a tape measure to see how something as shown as quoted here "Center storage area 21” l x 10” w x 8” h" may work on the seat.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@hondabob64 I would look into a small cooler you could put on the seat.
It will definitely be a little more waterproof than the Kolpin. For probably less money.

I'm really not sure how much room is available on the 500 bench for a console and leave room for a passenger.

D

Duckhunt

There's about 3.5-4" between the seat belts on a p500. What I found handy, especially with a green machine, is a .30 CAL ammo box. The real army steel box looked sweet but was afraid it would be a little rough on the arm. So I got a plastic one. You can stick velco strips on the bottom and use velcro straps around the bench or just rivot on a buckle strap.
Ammo Can Field Box Ammunition Case 30-Cal Military Plastic Non Metal Waterproof 784699785546 | eBay

Edit: The pic looks a little dark, it's a perfect army/olive green match.

Reactions: Remington
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
There's about 3.5-4" between the seat belts on a p500. What I found handy, especially with a green machine, is a .30 CAL ammo box. The real army steel box looked sweet but was afraid it would be a little rough on the arm. So I got a plastic one. You can stick velco strips on the bottom and use velcro straps around the bench or just rivot on a buckle strap.
Ammo Can Field Box Ammunition Case 30-Cal Military Plastic Non Metal Waterproof 784699785546 | eBay

Edit: The pic looks a little dark, it's a perfect army/olive green match.
You’re right of course. What those guys are using in their 1000’s won’t work. The ammo box is popular, and some, like @trigger, have built their own.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yes. @Ragnar406 has one and so do I. I just got mine. He has had his for awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea, I like mine - I know it is a little more than some people want to pay but I looked for a while for something better and just did not find. I have my Magnetic mount for my mic mounted on the front and while you can not tell on any website there is a good bit of storage in there. I do wish it were a little taller to really be an arm rest as well but it has straps on the top that will hold a jacket or something to give you a little more height.
as for water proof - I take mine out and spray it with a pressure washer on the ground and have not gotten water inside yet.. so unless you dunk it you should be alright.

While I am not a fan of the way the seatbelt strap crosses over - it has yet to bother me - I already have a plan to install a strap that goes under the seat and hold it down if the Seatbelt strap ever bothers me.
IMG 1124
IMG 1123

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!