P500 Center console

C

Chooglin

Bought me a center console for a little more storage and a spot for the dog to sit while riding. It is fairly small and fits nicely between the two seat belt latches.

I did a little alteration to it so it would better work for the p500. I removed all the screws on the top part of the console (the frame holding the lid) and rotated it 180* and screwed it back on. This allows the angled part of the bottom of the console , to fit perfectly over the seat belt area where it humps up. This also allows you to open the lid from front to back like it should be.

I need to figure out how I am going to mount it yet but that shouldn't be to difficult. I want it to be slightly raised up off the seat , so some brackets will need to be made.

31FD6ptDJiL AC SY400

https://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Automotive-CN-106-Universal-Console-Grey/dp/B0053O8EKG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
thought it would be cool but I just wonder how it will stand up to the mud

C

Chooglin

U shaped flat bar to curve under seat, comes off with seat? Or just bolt/washers through seat? Seal hole with black silicone.
I think I will use a U shaped tube under the console and run it straight back. Then make a tube bracket to mount to the frame. The U shaped tube that is mounted to the console will then slide into the tube bracket mounted to the frame. I will use some push button snap clips (like you see on the portable canopies) so it will be adjustable and can be removed quickly so I can remove the seat if needed.

https://www.amazon.com/Paddle-Button-Spring-Locking-double/dp/B00N01CLYY?tag=sxsweb24-20

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Bought me a center console for a little more storage and a spot for the dog to sit while riding. It is fairly small and fits nicely between the two seat belt latches.

I did a little alteration to it so it would better work for the p500. I removed all the screws on the top part of the console (the frame holding the lid) and rotated it 180* and screwed it back on. This allows the angled part of the bottom of the console , to fit perfectly over the seat belt area where it humps up. This also allows you to open the lid from front to back like it should be.

I need to figure out how I am going to mount it yet but that shouldn't be to difficult. I want it to be slightly raised up off the seat , so some brackets will need to be made.

View attachment 116263

https://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Automotive-CN-106-Universal-Console-Grey/dp/B0053O8EKG/?tag=sxsweb24-20

How wide is that?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Or a pull pin? Following, console good idea, good elbow rest.

E7EB014A DCB1 41E2 A624 82EE59242138

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

Perfect, that's the same width I made mine when I built it. Any wider is too much in a P5. ;)
Yep , it took me awhile to find one that would fit. I'm not a big fan of the cup holders in this one (they take up to much storage space) but it will work for now , until I have more time to delete them. I have to much s*** going on before takeover and very little time to get it done :(

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yep , it took me awhile to find one that would fit. I'm not a big fan of the cup holders in this one (they take up to much storage space) but it will work for now , until I have more time to delete them. I have to much s*** going on before takeover and very little time to get it done :(

Lol, glad to hear I'm not the only one, never enough time!
Yeah I couldn't find anything suitable 3 yrs ago., looked at ammo cans, small coolers and anything else that could be made to work. Unless you have two bigger riders, that middle is wasted space...we're not having any of that! :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!