Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
This is going to be a great product! ;)With a finish and quality equal to the box my only concern would be rough terrain and the inability of the ChoogREST to give which may not be a completely painless riding experience. Any thoughts to support comfort during these types of riding conditions?o_O

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
My hope is to get 5 people on the forum to buy one and give me some feedback on it.

I made it the same width as the console @trigger made , so hopefully it's all good. He has quite a few miles on his and I think he is ok with the comfort of it!
Looks like a great fit! The only difference is your design is a solid mount and trigger uses Velcro which gives and moves. I’m sure yours will be fine and just knowing the quality you are capable of it may be worth the sacrifice of comfort if in fact it would be an issue!
Any idea on what your asking price may be?

C

Chooglin

Looks like a great fit! The only difference is your design is a solid mount and trigger uses Velcro which gives and moves. I’m sure yours will be fine and just knowing the quality you are capable of it may be worth the sacrifice of comfort if in fact it would be an issue!
Any idea on what your asking price may be?
I gotcha , you make a good point. I will have it down at takeover, so that will be the trial run on it.

No idea on price , it's to early to even take a guess at it.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
We did a dry fit on the box and mounting bracket tonight. We discovered a few clearance issues with the mounting bracket , so we will make a new mounting bracket with all the corrections and it should be a go from hear on out.

I should have the new bracket in a few days to try it out , if it looks good , off to the powder coater for the bracket. While that's going on , we will work on getting the electronics all mounted and fit before the box gets coated.

We had to use a BFH on the mounting bracket to gain some clearance , so just ignore those bent corners :)......lol

View attachment 120621 View attachment 120622 View attachment 120623

Looking at the pics it looks a little short, as in length. Yours sits back further than mine as you're over the latch hump and mine is in front of the hump. Just thinking you could make it longer to hold more and push that Ram ball out? Although yours may accommodate a little more leg room sitting back? Me and the wife aren't skinny but we're not fat either and it's snug in between us. Not like we're fighting for room but both of our hips are pressed against it. Yeah, I would love to see a completed one at the takeover. I have no problem scrapping mine if this one feels like a better size. ;)

C

Chooglin

Looking at the pics it looks a little short, as in length. Yours sits back further than mine as you're over the latch hump and mine is in front of the hump. Just thinking you could make it longer to hold more and push that Ram ball out? Although yours may accommodate a little more leg room sitting back? Me and the wife aren't skinny but we're not fat either and it's snug in between us. Not like we're fighting for room but both of our hips are pressed against it. Yeah, I would love to see a completed one at the takeover. I have no problem scrapping mine if this one feels like a better size. ;)
Thanks for the info , you are the goto guy on the size of this :). I pushed the box back so it would have more support on top of the mounting bracket. In the future there will be a large cup holder on the front of the box , so the extra room in front of box will be nice for that.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the info , you are the goto guy on the size of this :). I pushed the box back so it would have more support on top of the mounting bracket. In the future there will be a large cup holder on the front of the box , so the extra room in front of box will be nice for that.

It'll be nice to see both of them side by side and check out the differences. Seriously, making it sit back more might be the way to go, especially if it has the same amount of storage? You might have more storage building it out of metal, mine's 1/2" particle board. :cool:

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
So I am still working with the one that was ordered. I plan to remove the cup holders add switches and use 4” Velcro to secure it around the seat as is the design for triggers. I have 5 switches and a power and ground which will run into the armrest. For now I will not add a quick disconnect for removal. Per @Chooglin ’s idea I already changed the direction of the armrest lid and it works fine. Going to dig around in the garage and see what I have to give it a custom look. Hopefully I will have pics of mine by Saturday night:cool:

C

Chooglin

So I am still working with the one that was ordered. I plan to remove the cup holders add switches and use 4” Velcro to secure it around the seat as is the design for triggers. I have 5 switches and a power and ground which will run into the armrest. For now I will not add a quick disconnect for removal. Per @Chooglin ’s idea I already changed the direction of the armrest lid and it works fine. Going to dig around in the garage and see what I have to give it a custom look. Hopefully I will have pics of mine by Saturday night:cool:
Definitely keep us updated!

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Well I got this far today using s*** I had lying around the garage overall I am happy with how it is progressing. Done for the day but will work on it tomorrow.
E38D090A 3B5B 4FFB 9AF8 5F51FA991A53 EE0DC986 4C75 419C B729 EE1D3CDA61C2

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
That is slick , I like what you are doing with this........so it's more of a control panel than for storage ?
Yes sir! I needed an alternative to chopping up the dash. This will be much cleaner and after it’s done I will also have an arm rest out of the deal!

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks!
Damn nice job you are doing!
Just once I’d like to time travel to a point where the project is complete so I will know what I come up with. :confused: I know this would save me a ton of time. I’ve got about 5 hrs in work that should have taken less than 1 :mad: Have a few things coming in now to make it removable 7 wire trailer plug and 8 ft of cable. Should make for a clean look.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!