Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Received my armrest today and was really surprised when I opened the lid to see there didn’t appear to be much storage. I’m thinking it may be a good place to mount some switches and a volt meter for the aux battery. I do have to admit I didn’t inspect it thoroughly so I may be wrong about available space. What do you think @Chooglin o_O

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Received my armrest today and was really surprised when I opened the lid to see there didn’t appear to be much storage. I’m thinking it may be a good place to mount some switches and a volt meter for the aux battery. I do have to admit I didn’t inspect it thoroughly so I may be wrong about available space. What do you think @Chooglin o_O
He don't know Choog! HA!

C

Chooglin

Oh it has very little storage , but there isn't any other console out there (that I could find) that was narrow enough to fit and not interfere with the seat belts. It's the cup holders that take up all the storage space.

I will be removing those cup holders and making up a new tray to go inside the console , then cap off the openings where the cup holder use to be.

Eventually I will most likely just make an entirely new console , but this will work for now. I just needed to buy something to start out with. I really like the Kolpin console but I think it would just be to big.

Bench Center Con 4b840b041c167 Screenshot 2019 03 26 04 51 15

I think I can also use a larger console with this mounting system I came up with , it mounts the console above the seat belt latches , so that is no longer an issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Eltobgi
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh it has very little storage , but there isn't any other console out there (that I could find) that was narrow enough to fit and not interfere with the seat belts. It's the cup holders that take up all the storage space.

I will be removing those cup holders and making up a new tray to go inside the console , then cap off the openings where the cup holder use to be.

Eventually I will most likely just make an entirely new console , but this will work for now. I just needed to buy something to start out with. I really like the Kolpin console but I think it would just be to big.

View attachment 117650 View attachment 117651

I think I can also use a larger console with this mounting system I came up with , it mounts the console above the seat belt latches , so that is no longer an issue.

For the price it really isn’t bad! First and foremost it is an armrest! I think I will explore whether or not it could hold switches and forget about using it for any type of storage!
I’ve began completely re wiring the mini Beast and will have to mount more switches before I can complete the job so its either a few options on the dash or the console.

But I’m getting tired of working on her and want to ride now that snow has melted enough to do some hill climbing and tackle some local trails.

Reactions: Mudder and Chooglin
C

Chooglin

For the price it really isn’t bad! First and foremost it is an armrest! I think I will explore whether or not it could hold switches and forget about using it for any type of storage!
I’ve began completely re wiring the mini Beast and will have to mount more switches before I can complete the job so its either a few options on the dash or the console.

But I’m getting tired of working on her and want to ride now that snow has melted enough to do some hill climbing and tackle some local trails.
I really like the idea of mounting switches in there. You have to remember though , that means you would have wires running in to the console and when you go to remove the seat bottom , that could be a pain!

C

Chooglin

I agree , I have a few things to get done before Takeover , then it's time to enjoy the warmer weather and do some riding

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
C

Chooglin

Last edited by a moderator:
advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
C

Chooglin

Might be too wide Chooglin?
No , the mounting bracket is above the seat belt latches , so width will not be an issue now. My only concern with the width now , it mite jab me in the side. It's only 1 1/4 wider than the console I bought , so it should be good!

Screenshot 2019 03 26 14 09 38

Reactions: trigger
C

Chooglin

@trigger I will have this all finished up over the weekend and I will post up some better pics. After everything is put all back together, it will be easier to see how this will work out.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
No , the mounting bracket is above the seat belt latches , so width will not be an issue now. My only concern with the width now , it mite jab me in the side. It's only 1 1/4 wider than the console I bought , so it should be good!

View attachment 117759

That 1 1/4" is what I'm referring to, hope you're right and it works for you though. ;)

Reactions: Chooglin
C

Chooglin

That 1 1/4" is what I'm referring to, hope you're right and it works for you though. ;)
This prototype work sucks. Last night I put the seats back on to check for fitment and clearance on the mounting bracket and what do you know , it's about 1.00" shorter on the height than what I wanted. I had to start all over again , making a new bracket.

I could have used the first bracket but it wasn't to my liking and if I don't make it right , it will just drive me crazy!

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
This prototype work sucks. Last night I put the seats back on to check for fitment and clearance on the mounting bracket and what do you know , it's about 1.00" shorter on the height than what I wanted. I had to start all over again , making a new bracket.

I could have used the first bracket but it wasn't to my liking and if I don't make it right , it will just drive me crazy!

I couldn't find anything suitable back when so I understand what you're going through. That's why I just built one out of wood to the dimensions I wanted. Guess I didn't realize how many guys wanted a console, maybe I should make up a few? Takes some time though as I riddled it with staples for the vinyl cover. Upholstery isn't really my strong suit but I made it work.

C

Chooglin

I couldn't find anything suitable back when so I understand what you're going through. That's why I just built one out of wood to the dimensions I wanted. Guess I didn't realize how many guys wanted a console, maybe I should make up a few? Takes some time though as I riddled it with staples for the vinyl cover. Upholstery isn't really my strong suit but I made it work.
Same here , I could build the box for the console but covering it in vynyl would be where I would have a problem!

papermaker

papermaker

Jan 18, 2019
Lewiston, Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!